Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 4 player. That gave us 2 of the 2 player boards with the tunnels between them. We used all expansions (except necromancer island and event deck), and left out the Cursed attribute. We had some interesting situations. I used an invulnerability power to block off a tunnel early on. But I spread quickly and then went into decline so I could get more. Later on someone else used 3 invulnerability tokens to block off 3 out of the 4 tunnels! He lasted many turns and kept scoring well. But I managed to keep up a slightly higher average the whole game and won with 106 beating him by 3 points. The next player was 8 points or so below that. And below that, someone had around 85.

My last turn I used two hammers, a flying carpet and a mega sword to takeover a +2 points location all the way across the board. Very fun combos to be had by all.

Peaceful Cultists was the funniest combination at least by name.

I wouldn't recommend using this for a new player though.

I'd probably have them play:
Small World first
then Small World Underground
Then combined with tunnels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game was a bit of a jumbled mess because it's been awhile since we'd played, and there was just so much reading! It was a 5 player, using SW, SWU, Underground, Cursed, and Be Not Afraid, so there was a lot of passing the numerous race/power sheets back and forth. (It didn't help that our table was a more of a 4-person table, and the person who suggested we play SW wouldn't stop chattering the whole time, or complaining that people weren't playing fast enough when it distracted them...)

For our second game, my wife and I played alone with the same massive number of expansions. But this time I made 2 copies of the Small World Almanac and it went a lot more smoothly--we didn't have to keep rooting around through 5 separate race/power sheets to find out what everything did. (Just keep the sheets somewhat handy, in case it's missing anything--we found it doesn't include a Popular Place, the Great Brass Pipe!)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/68917/small-world-alma...

I'm glad they brought out the Tunnels expansion--it's a lot of fun, and as you point out it definitely makes for some interesting combos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My small world buddy who owns underground IS our small world almanac! But yea, still a complex issue to deal with. I want a little flip book with all the powers / races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just tried the Tunnels variant with 3 players & it was fun. I think that the board was too spacious. We will definitely play this again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.