Subject: Storage Solutions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
...watch how I soar!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the Rio Grande Games edition with the grey tower pieces, and the box as-is is a wee bit too big for my gaming shelf. I've caught sight of folks in other gaming groups using smaller containers to fit the game, but I was wondering if any of you guys have specific makes/models of storage containers to reduce shelf consumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
touchstonethefool wrote:
I've got the Rio Grande Games edition with the grey tower pieces, and the box as-is is a wee bit too big for my gaming shelf. I've caught sight of folks in other gaming groups using smaller containers to fit the game, but I was wondering if any of you guys have specific makes/models of storage containers to reduce shelf consumption.
Similar situation. I don't bring this game with me anymore b/c of RGG's large box size (the brown box one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Ravensburger edition is so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So David,

Just out of interest what is your case for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
The original Ravensburger edition is so much better.
2grve wrote:
So David, Just out of interest what is your case for that?

12.20 x 8.66 x 2.68 inches
vs
16.93 x 12.01 x 2.05 inches
A bit higher, but half the size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been accused of murder for this, but I am becoming more and more willing to cut boxes in half for games that are not 'collecters' items.

As such I would be more interested what people think is the better version for the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.