Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So... I was looking to finish off my Dominion collection by getting Seaside, Alchemy, and Cornucopia from Amazon (I had a $20 gift credit). When I went to check out, I saw that two of the games would arrive on February 9th, while one (offered through another store, fulfilled by Amazon) wouldn't arrive until the 13th.

Not wanting to wait, I went looking for other options and found a "used" copy offered through the Amazon Warehouse site. The Cornucopia set was marked as "Used - Very Good." I also found a "Used - Like New" copy of Seaside. I went ahead and ordered them, but now I am really starting to regret this whole thing. Has anyone ever bought anything "used" from the Warehouse store? Am I going to get a box full of loose, uncounted cards with bent corners? What in the hell was I thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
If they send you something that is not the indicated condition you should be able to return it for a full refund (including your return shipping cost).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a game from them where there ended up being packing tape directly on the box to hold it shut as well as attach a item #. I called & complained, while cosmetic, that info was not provided & created a mark on the box when removed. Amazon was quick to apologize & offer a nice additional discount if I kept the game.
The contents were perfect so I gladly accepted the game. It was like finding it at a thrift store but delivered to my door!

I wouldn't worry too much, Amazon has always stood by their merchandise & paid return shipping when there were problems on their end. I think you should be fine. If the cards are not in very good condition then their description was not accurate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No use worrying until something is actually wrong If is wrong, though, you should be able to return it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I've ever bought any boardgames from Amazon Warehouse, but everything I have gotten from them was in excellent condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Mike said, don't worry about anything being wrong until you receive it

One of the key things I look for when buying through Amazon is to check to see if the item is fulfilled through Amazon (warehouse purchases count), since I can contact Amazon directly if there are any problems. On the odd occasion I have a problem, Amazon customer service has always been quick to respond and do their best to fix my problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand on what was said previously...

Amazon offers a great return policy and buyer protection regardless if you are buying it from them or a third party seller.

Usually you have to act within 30 days of purchase if there is a problem.

I haven't had to return anything to the warehouse, but I have purchased some games from Amazon that arrived slightly dented due to poor packaging. The return/exchange was so easy, didn't cost me anything, and it could all be done by just logging into my amazon account.

For third party sellers its always wise to contact them first, but always know you can file an A-Z claim and get your money back if they are not responsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stein
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will totally work out.

I got some stuff over X-mas that was not satisfactory and they took it back no problem, however I order from them all the time and it is rare that stuff comes that I am not happy with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm not so much worried about Amazon not accepting my return as just speculating about what condition this game is going to be in. How would Amazon have "used" copies of games? Did people buy them and then return them? I know they offer to buy used videogames and books, so has someone sold them back a copy of this game for a few bucks? Especially with Dominion (which is entirely made of cards), I'm concerned about what condition the cards are going to be in.

I know I will be able to return it if it's unsatisfactory, but I just hate to have to go through the hassle and extra waiting that will be involved.

We'll see on Thursday, I guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy of Middle Earth Quest through the amazon warehouse. The outside box was definitely more banged up than the listed condition led me to believe. I probably should've returned it, but it was a great price and I was pretty desperate to get my hands on a copy at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
RhodesN7 wrote:
I ordered a copy of Middle Earth Quest through the amazon warehouse. The outside box was definitely more banged up than the listed condition led me to believe. I probably should've returned it, but it was a great price and I was pretty desperate to get my hands on a copy at the time.
That's interesting, as I've bought video games & books via Amazon's Warehouse before and what I got ended up looking like brand new. So much so that I always try to check there first, hoping to get something looking shiny & new that they somehow downgrade as being "Very Good" or worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Summer Bulb
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was debating on the exact same issue (well, not exactly the same. It was another game ), but since i don't like to take any risks and this is one of my first games, i decided against it.

But reading some of the posts here make me believe that you took the right decision in ordering it.

Keep us informed. Let us know when it arrives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so both my brand new copy of Dominion: Alchemy and the Warehouse "Used - Very Good" copy of Dominion: Cornucopia arrived today.

This was, apparently, why the Cornucopia set was listed as "Very Good":

As you may or may not be able to see, the game was still in shrink, and had a somewhat crumpled corner. As I store my Dominion cards in a huge binder (see Yet Another Storage Solution...), I really couldn't care less about the state of the box. Only "negative" was that I really didn't save all that much over buying it new -- only about $1. Still, all in all I have nothing to complain about.

Looking forward to seeing what my "Used - Like New" copy of Dominion: Seaside looks like when it arrives tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last update:

Received my "Used - Like New" copy of Seaside on Thursday, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how this was considered "used" or damaged in any way. Seeing as I paid about $4 less for this version compared to buying new, I'd say it was an excellent option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome Matt! Thanks for sharing.

I have a ton of items still in shrink with small dings or with just shrink missing that I have listed on Amazon as like new.
I can't list them as new since buyers don't always read or see the descriptions under items listed as New.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.