Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
El Cerrito
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what this P500 thing is, but i'm getting the feeling that it is the only way to pre-order this game? I see that CSI is the only OLGS who is offering a pre-order as well, but I know that sometimes OLGS's sell pre-orders to games they end up not actually getting in stock. Should I order this through GMT's web site to be sure I grab it, or am I just overthinking this and CSI is fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
The p500 system is a way to tell gmt you want something to go to print and are willing to buy it.

It's a good way to preorder sometimes too, though bigger games and expensive shipping can be an issue. (I live as far away as possible from them, for example, so it doesn't work out very often. Though I did this one! Should be small.)

This title will be in stock when it comes out at all the major online stores. (Most GMT releases are.)

They just probably haven't gotten the announcement that it's on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The P500 system is great!

A P500 preorder is so much cheaper for me than using other retailers og FLGS. Like for example Urban Sprawl, it cost me around 9.600 isk with everything but the game is around 15.000 isk at my FLGS. And you also get the game ASAP and get a chance to save even more on the end of year sale.
Right now I have five games in my P500 queue and a chance to save 50% on ten more games at their end of year sale.

I love GMT!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J'adore quand ils m'appellent Big Poppa
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Imagine that.
badge
"You can only become slightly less embarrassing at Werewolf once you realize you are an abomination to the game like all of us." - dbmurph22
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
(I live as far away as possible from them, for example, so it doesn't work out very often. Though I did this one! Should be small.)

I live slightly further than you (and across a border) and I did too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
(I live as far away as possible from them, for example, so it doesn't work out very often. Though I did this one! Should be small.)

I live slightly further than you (and across a border) and I did too.

Heh. I probably should have been more descriptive. Just wait for some Russian to see this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Canada
Parrsboro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preorder many games from GMT as for me, the disccount usually equals the cost of shipping and I live in remote rural Nova Scotia...PLUS if you preorder this one it might qualify you to a 50% discount off another game in the fall...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do a lot of P500 orders. It's always cheaper than paying full retail. It's frequently NOT cheaper than ordering through a discounting online game store (like CSI), especially if you are going to include it with a bunch of other stuff to clear the free shipping threshold.

In this case, those people on the P500 list get a free copy of the 6-card 'promo' which is also being sold on BGG for $5. If you think you want the extra six cards, and the CSI price is more than $5 less than GMT, then go with CSI, otherwise order with GMT, or stick with CSI.

To answer your other question.
The P500 system is a pre-order system that GMT uses to gauge interest on a game. They have a large number of games in the pipeline, but don't move towards final development (art, final playtesting, rule book creation etc....), until enough people have said that they are interested in the game for GMT to know that they will at least break even.

There must be 500 pre-orders of a game (thus P500), for a game to 'make the cut', meaning that it will move towards final development and eventually be printed.

Some games spend several years on the list before being printed- and others eventually drop off without any interest. It's a great way for GMT to reduce their risk of losing money on an unpopular game.

I order games through P500 because I'm lazy. I see something I'm interested in, sign up and then a year or two later, get an email saying it's on its way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the postage overseas (United Kingdom specifically) would be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:
Does anyone know what the postage overseas (United Kingdom specifically) would be?

If you email GMT they tend to be responsive. They also have live chat on their site. I've heard overseas shipping is expensive for p500 games, and that folks in foreign parts usually do better if they order locally, but since I live a couple hours from GMT, I don't know for certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:

16$ using the slow option. It'll never take 4-8 weeks, it's more like 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
chooi wrote:

16$ using the slow option. It'll never take 4-8 weeks, it's more like 10 days.

thanks for that. will try slow option then since no rush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to buying direct from GMT but the way I see it the P500 preorder system is a great way to get great games at a reasonable price. I have ordered a lot of stuff at Coolstuffinc but the catch with preorders is that in order to get free shipping you end up bundling games with different release dates and annoying results (4 month delay on Gosu Kamakor torpedoed my whole order-- d'oh!).

Plus GMT has customer service second to none (selling upgrades of components, the end of the year sale, and they are always good for a cameo on BGG forums in a pinch). I somehow don't feel that from Coolstuffinc... (2% off! Whoopee!) That said I wouldn't preorder DS:TCG on P500 or anywhere else if I didn't think it was a must have game for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Chooi, you've probably already ordered, but in case you haven't, let me know and maybe we can do a double order and save a bit on shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh My...I hope they wont charge me a lot to send the game to Brazil !!! I choosed USPS !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Chooi, you've probably already ordered, but in case you haven't, let me know and maybe we can do a double order and save a bit on shipping

Added a copy for you to my order Richard (and now joined Ground Floor for the 6-pack!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.