Dominant Species: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Whine about the illustrations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think style is very nice, but it's a shame the animals chosen are not amazing creatures from the pleistocene, as on the cover of the box of the 'full' game. I guess if they were the really odd looking ones they wouldn't be the 'dominant' ones (they went extinct) but a bit of character goes missing for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One-Nil to the Arsenal!
badge
And it's Arsenal, Arsenal FC, We're by far the greatest team, The world has ever seen....
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. There was a lot of potential for great animal graphics, but it's all very repetitive and kind of blah. There could even have been unique animals on each of the 99 animal cards, not that that's realistic. Still looking forward to it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was disappointed that the Amphibians are again NOT represented by a Frog (which is the most common and easily associated amphibian).

It is not just because I have a soft spot for frogs. Everyone I play with thinks its a lizard! Poor choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.