Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a first draft of the building card variant that will now be called development cards. The idea is that player can use their gold and influence to buy development cards when there is little neutral cards left.

I made of preliminary list of buildings for each race. The problem is to make sure that everything is balanced vertically and horizontally. So I am posting the list of developments to this thread to get another point of view on the ability balance. Here is the link on the file

http://bgd.lariennalibrary.com/uploads/Mainsite/Variants/Var...

I want to know if:

- some powers are too strong or too weak compared between races or to other abilities already in place.

- a race focus too much on a certain type of abilities or less on another type.

- a racial ability enter in conflict with their building ability, or simply become too abusive.

- there are other abilities that you would want to see that are not there.

- there is too much ability that does a certain type of effect compared to other. Ex: there is too much abilities for player vs player battles not not enough vs events.

- there is too much or not enough development.

- some development type are too strong or too weak.

- you have new ideas of development types.

Right now there is 8 development cards per player, I am not sure if I should design more or less. I intend to make them fit on small cards to save table space and reduce the number of sheets to print.

I might also design a new adventure where the first player to build X development cards is the winner.

Thank you for any feed back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take your time, I am currently working in an Express version of hacker, so I have little time for rune age. I'll eventually get back to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed about the upgrading ability. it seems too powerful, unless it something like "on your turn you may upgrade one card. if you do discard all other cards in your hand"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put more attention on upgrades.

The way I balanced thing is that either you destroy a card to get a benefit or you destroy the card to get another card(upgrade). The humans can only upgrade 1 level (for units) while the elves can upgrade to any level, but must pay the cost.

Gold upgrade follows a similar pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.