Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Quick, I need your help! What is your visual preference?
I think all the colors are confusing. I like the suggestions of team/meeples shirts and then you could add a letter or belt or hat to indicate position. I like the letter so it's not all colors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I like this. Now the only concern I have is for size. Will it be easy to see those images/letters from 2-4 feet away (assuming that's how far your eyes will be from the pieces on the table).

Have you considered also making stickers for the meeple edge? Simply putting the letter (A/M/D/G) on the topedge/head will probably do a lot of help in identifying the meeple quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Sams Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wont be doing stickers for the edges of the meeples, simply because it is too much hassle for a prototype. I don't think size will be an issue, at least not considering my intention to use "giant meeples" i.e. the 19mm variants.

Getting caught up in everyone's suggestions, did mean that I made a design mistake with those meeples I recently presented. They lack the colour indicator for their position, and simply having a letter isn't enough. The reason being that each player type has a specific colour dice associated with them, with the different dice representing different "stats".

I haven't resized the pictures, and I do realize they might become a bit too "vibrant" in the current incarnation.

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Sams Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of the differently coloured dice, here you can see the prototype mock up of the stickers for the dice:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1_cNmn_Jxl2ZTRiNjYzYmMtNjd...

Blue = Goalkeeper (1)
Green = Midfielder (3)
Yellow = Defence (2)
Black = Offence (1)

Regards
Asger Granerud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Sams Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Just stickered the meeples (dice already done), and after having disagreed with some of the voices earlier in this thread, I might have to backtrack...

It is very possible that I will have to try to simply uniform the meeple, and not do the "stick" figures. At the moment, even though the colour is easily discernible, they do look a bit fiddly

Onwards and upwards!

Regards
Asger granerud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Sams Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there everyone!

I've come to the conclusion that the stick men on small meeples simply look too busy. There is too much information going on, and the colour code really holds all the relevant information. The stick man distracts from that info by providing largely irrelevant info
I'm thinking that even giving the meeples some uniforms, might cause the same problem.

Hence I'm considering two option, and would like your input!

1: Simply take my paint brush and put a smear of paint down both sides of the meeple. That is all. Just the colour of the player type and the meeple's team colour.

2: Make coloured symbols and stick it on the meeple belly. This would be to help the colour blind, and possibly make it even easier to decipher for non colour blind people.

Blue triangle = Goalkeeper
Green circle = Midfielder
Yellow square = Defence
Black star = Offence

Option two is obviously more time consuming. Is it really worth going through that extra effort or is it largely irrelevant for a prototype? By the way, I'll be using these prototypes for gaming but I intend to use the same copies for publishers (assuming anyone wants to see it...). Does that affect the conclusion?

Thanks in advance
Asger Granerud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:

2: Make coloured symbols and stick it on the meeple belly. This would be to help the colour blind, and possibly make it even easier to decipher for non colour blind people.

Blue triangle = Goalkeeper
Green circle = Midfielder
Yellow square = Defence
Black star = Offence

Option two is obviously more time consuming. Is it really worth going through that extra effort or is it largely irrelevant for a prototype? By the way, I'll be using these prototypes for gaming but I intend to use the same copies for publishers (assuming anyone wants to see it...). Does that affect the conclusion?

I like option 2. And yes, I think it's worth going through the extra effort, even if it's just a prototype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.