Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems that Ward can play against a ward... for example,
On my turn, I play a Warlock, and one player reveals, then discards, a Ward - which in turn Attacks me...so I am able to play a reaction card to this (such as a ward or moat, etc.) if I have in my hand?

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyckad nyckad
msg tools
mb
I think so. You may play any reaction to an attack played card, as ward is one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You may Ward a Ward. But remember that Ward is discarded when used, so you may not use it twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool... that adds some nice player interaction - attacking when not the active player...

thanks for the confirmation!

--Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you cannot Ward a Ward, because revealing a card is not playing it. So, when you reveal Ward as a reaction to an Attack, you are not PLAYING the Ward, so it cannot be Warded back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point... From Mike's response it seems the intention is to be able to play a reaction card when an attack-reaction card is revealed/played...but as it is a new card type that gives some mystery.

I think because it is labeled "attack" and not just "reaction" is what makes it a curiosity...otherwise, it would simply be a reaction.

However, the distinction between "reveal" and "play" would need clarification as you could have other reaction cards affected by "when another player plays an attack card..."

George plays an attack card, Elaine reveals a Ward, George then reveals a Moat to prevent the Ward's effect? Could Jerry reveal a Secret Chamber for it's effect, for both the Militia and the Ward?

Mike, any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For purposes of this card, revealing a Reaction - Attack card to cause some effect to happen counts as playing it for other Reaction cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not agree. If revealing is the same as playing it, then a Moat would give you 2 extra cards every time it is revealed.
The only difference is discarding it instead of putting it back in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.