Recommend
35 
 Thumb up
 Hide
85 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Cameron Jones & Board Games for CHEO - (a note for Orleans, Ottawa, Kanata Gamers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Flynn Lives wrote:
I see your 5 and raise you 2 for a total of 7.

I tried to think of games that were quick and could involve a large number of people. Both very important I think.

The List:
No Thanks!
Werewolves of Millers Hollow
Hey! Thats My Fish
Forbidden Island
Wits and Wagers
Dixit
For Sale

Thats all my student budget could afford. Great idea, super excited for this.


THANKS!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Murse, I'm one of the OTHERS (Occupational Therapist Having External Reproduction System), so I feel the gender bias I work at a children's treatment centre, so this is near and dear to my heart.

I'll be coming up to Game Summit with some games in tow!

CHEO's a wonderful hospital. I'm probably won't have time to talk to local publisher Wiggles3D prior to me leaving, but when I get back, I'll put in a good word for you, Cameron, and our hospitals here in London.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike boucher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all...to the raise you two...NICE
Secondly,....too my OT Bro...NICE

I'm going to have to push this issue at work and see what I can come up with
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Island and Carcassone ordered.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Following en route:

Worm Up!
Monkey Land
Catcth the Mice
Qwirkle

Tried to get some in there for the littler ones and non-gamer parents, too!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I also suggest you open a new BGG account and make use of hte Collection lists (games owned, wishlist, etc).?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Halden wrote:
Forbidden Island and Carcassone ordered.



THANKS!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
lajaro wrote:
Following en route:

Worm Up!
Monkey Land
Catcth the Mice
Qwirkle

Tried to get some in there for the littler ones and non-gamer parents, too!


THANKS!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
lajaro wrote:
Might I also suggest you open a new BGG account and make use of hte Collection lists (games owned, wishlist, etc).?


Great idea. I'll also post pics of the collection as it builds.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
lajaro wrote:
Might I also suggest you open a new BGG account and make use of hte Collection lists (games owned, wishlist, etc).?


Great idea. I'll also post pics of the collection as it builds.


Now that you mention that, create a Geeklist and we can individually add the ones we're sending.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
lajaro wrote:
madhattersneverland wrote:
lajaro wrote:
Might I also suggest you open a new BGG account and make use of hte Collection lists (games owned, wishlist, etc).?


Great idea. I'll also post pics of the collection as it builds.


Now that you mention that, create a Geeklist and we can individually add the ones we're sending.


If I've done it right, there is now a geeklist available to post what people are donating here:
PLAY2WIN
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lefort
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
lajaro wrote:
Following en route:

Worm Up!
Monkey Land
Catcth the Mice
Qwirkle

Tried to get some in there for the littler ones and non-gamer parents, too!


I think this is important and something we should definitely consider. While most of the games Meeplemart stocks are "family" games, from my understanding CHEO also treats very young children as well. To help out in this matter, I am willing to order in any of the following titles to people that wish to donate them. The prices listed below would be my regular selling price, but these would also qualify for the 20% off code. If you would like me to order in any of these titles for you, please email me directly at steve@meeplemart.com

I Can Do That! Games: The Cat in the Hat $18.95
Oh the Places You'll Go! Board Game $18.95
Oh the Wondrous Places You'll Go! Travel Card Game $9.95
Green Eggs and Ham - Speedy Diner! $18.95
Curious George - Hide and Seek Zoo Game $18.95
Curious George: Discovery Beach $15.95
Dr. Seuss Classic Cards $9.95
Dr. Seuss Super Stretchy ABC Game $18.95
Richard Scarry: Busytown Eye Found It! Game $20.95
Dr. Seuss One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Memory Game $15.95
Dr. Seuss Matching Game $6.95
Curious George - Curious George Matching Game $6.95
Richard Scarry: Matching Game $6.95
Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Card Game $6.95
Richard Scarry: Cars and Trucks Card Game $6.95
I Can Do That! Games: The Cat in the Hat Deluxe $18.95
Curious George - Curious George Classic Cards $9.95
Discovery Garden $15.95
Spotcha! $20.95

Thank you everyone for your generosity. Meeplemart has already started to populate our "CHEO Donations Shelf" with your great gifts!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Lefort wrote:
lajaro wrote:
Following en route:

Worm Up!
Monkey Land
Catcth the Mice
Qwirkle

Tried to get some in there for the littler ones and non-gamer parents, too!


I think this is important and something we should definitely consider. While most of the games Meeplemart stocks are "family" games, from my understanding CHEO also treats very young children as well. To help out in this matter, I am willing to order in any of the following titles to people that wish to donate them. The prices listed below would be my regular selling price, but these would also qualify for the 20% off code. If you would like me to order in any of these titles for you, please email me directly at steve@meeplemart.com

I Can Do That! Games: The Cat in the Hat $18.95
Oh the Places You'll Go! Board Game $18.95
Oh the Wondrous Places You'll Go! Travel Card Game $9.95
Green Eggs and Ham - Speedy Diner! $18.95
Curious George - Hide and Seek Zoo Game $18.95
Curious George: Discovery Beach $15.95
Dr. Seuss Classic Cards $9.95
Dr. Seuss Super Stretchy ABC Game $18.95
Richard Scarry: Busytown Eye Found It! Game $20.95
Dr. Seuss One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Memory Game $15.95
Dr. Seuss Matching Game $6.95
Curious George - Curious George Matching Game $6.95
Richard Scarry: Matching Game $6.95
Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Card Game $6.95
Richard Scarry: Cars and Trucks Card Game $6.95
I Can Do That! Games: The Cat in the Hat Deluxe $18.95
Curious George - Curious George Classic Cards $9.95
Discovery Garden $15.95
Spotcha! $20.95

Thank you everyone for your generosity. Meeplemart has already started to populate our "CHEO Donations Shelf" with your great gifts!


Thanks for supporting this great effort.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
The first games have arrived!



THANKS MIKE!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another arrival...



THANKS ROBERTA!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike boucher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So where are we at....is there a table being issued at your gamesummit....how is the collection going and have you thought about doing a blitz and getting everyone that has sent in a game to post something about this on the same day to saturate the site about this cause?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! We will have a table available near the Silent Auction table for the collection of games for Cameron's CHEO cause!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
theotherside wrote:
Yes! We will have a table available near the Silent Auction table for the collection of games for Cameron's CHEO cause!


Awesome! Thanks!
Cameron's doing really well today - if he does as well tomorrow, we'll come by the convention for a while. (Got to have some fun before Chemo starts again)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Murse09 wrote:
So where are we at....is there a table being issued at your gamesummit....how is the collection going and have you thought about doing a blitz and getting everyone that has sent in a game to post something about this on the same day to saturate the site about this cause?


This is actually doing WAY better than I ever planned or expected. The original idea was for Cameron and I to quietly donate a couple games - We now have about 10 games in hand, there's 20 or so at Meeplemart, the table at the Summit, a bunch of money to buy games from Kiwanis Club, games have been arriving from the Game Artisans and other awesome people like you.

I'm looking at about 40-50+ games so far
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
Murse09 wrote:
So where are we at....is there a table being issued at your gamesummit....how is the collection going and have you thought about doing a blitz and getting everyone that has sent in a game to post something about this on the same day to saturate the site about this cause?


This is actually doing WAY better than I ever planned or expected. The original idea was for Cameron and I to quietly donate a couple games - We now have about 10 games in hand, there's 20 or so at Meeplemart, the table at the Summit, a bunch of money to buy games from Kiwanis Club, games have been arriving from the Game Artisans and other awesome people like you.

I'm looking at about 40-50+ games so far



Wonderful! If we bump into each other at the Summit I would love to shake Cameron's hand as one Cancer survivor to a future survivor.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie, I will be arriving tomorrow and will feed the kids and come to the Summit. I have something special for Cameron that I'd like to give him in person. If for some reason I miss you guys, I'll be there the rest of the weekend for most of it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
The original idea was for Cameron and I to quietly donate a couple games...


Quiet? Pfft You should have known what would happen as soon as you asked for donations. The ppl on BGG are some of the most generous, faceless people I've never met.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
lajaro wrote:
madhattersneverland wrote:
The original idea was for Cameron and I to quietly donate a couple games...


Quiet? Pfft You should have known what would happen as soon as you asked for donations. The ppl on BGG are some of the most generous, faceless people I've never met.


No kidding - bow to you all
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks to everyone we've met so far at the Game Summit who have passed on well wishes and game donations - we're overwhelmed!

Cameron is so happy that he's been healthy enough and the doctors have let him go to the Summit. Chemo will start again next week, but this week is a chance for his to get out and have some fun...




Some Thanks are due...

Jey Legarie
Al Leduc
Charles Paradis
Sen-Foong Lim

THANKS GUYS!!!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madhattersneverland wrote:
Thanks to everyone we've met so far at the Game Summit who have passed on well wishes and game donations - we're overwhelmed!

Cameron is so happy that he's been healthy enough and the doctors have let him go to the Summit. Chemo will start again next week, but this week is a chance for his to get out and have some fun...




Some Thanks are due...

Jey Legarie
Al Leduc
Charles Paradis
Sen-Foong Lim

THANKS GUYS!!!!


No need for thanks! Erica and I are glad we could do something so simple as make some kids happy with a game!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.