Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: Nekro just successfully invaded a planet controlled by another player. They choose to copy Nano Tech from their opponent.

Do they receive the planet refreshed or exhausted?

I ruled exhausted because they didnt have Nano Tech until the end of combat, and receiving the planet card is part of the "Winning Invasion" steps.

Is this correct though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without pulling out my copy I would say you got it right.

Caveat being I don't recall the timing of the tech copying racial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CrispyMyth wrote:
Without pulling out my copy I would say you got it right.

Caveat being I don't recall the timing of the tech copying racial.

According to FAQ:

Q: At which point during a battle is the Nekro Virus’s
technology copying ability used?
A: This happens at the end of the battle.

And yes it's not really clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It depends on whether you define the end of the combat to happen before or after the "winning invasion" step. For instance, shock troops are formed at the end of a round of combat. If they started and left on the last combat round, they don't capture the PDSs/SDs, but if they are formed during the last combat round, and at least one other GF remains, they do capture the PDSs/SDs/facility.

It's obvious from this that "end of [the last] combat round" happens before the "Invasion Success?"=true. So it's up to your group to decide whether "end of combat" happens
a) simultaneously with the end of the last combat round,
b) between the last combat round and successfully invading, or
c) after successfully invading.

The same goes for copying Salvage Operations at the end of Space Battle with Mentak.

For what it's worth, the numbered breakdowns of Invasion Combat and Space Battle Sequences don't include victory/loss, though those are included under the sections of rules involving Invasion Combat and Space Battles.

At any rate, the Nekro can copy Nano Tech from the space battle or a different [poorer] planet in the same system during the same activation and use Nano Tech to refresh the remaining planets in the system, upon successful invasion. It's only that first planet where it can matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.