Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had the original Dust Tactics set and recently purchased the Revised set and at least $150 of other Dust products.

One of the guys in Revised Core set was missing an arm, it was just snapped off and no where to be found in the box or I would of just pinned and glued it.

I contacted customer service around Jan. 23rd inquiring about it. They got back to me 2 days later to tell me they would replace it but they are going through changes and are backlogged.

Now I'm going on 14 days and no replacement in site which I would be fine with if there were any communication what so ever or any indication of what back logged means.

This is exactly what was sent to me:

Please be aware that we have a big backlog of requests to fulfill and we’ll add you to the queue

Maybe it's just me but that doesn't make me feel good. Does that mean a month, 2 months or never. When I get a response so vague telling me that the procedure is changing and I am added to a queue it makes me think my request is just lost in the void. Especially when I see another thread here where the companies president said replacement orders should go out in 4-5 days.

Maybe we were spoiled with Thaad or maybe this is just a case of a company getting too big, too fast and not being able to handle it. From poor Q&A to product quality lately (to say my new revised set figures were not as well made as the original set would be an under statement) even this self confessed FFG fan is growing disenchanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same message about a backlog, but still received my pieces across the Atlantic within three weeks of the email, so I would advise being patient for a little while longer.

By the way, I have nothing but praise for the FFG customer service. The pieces I needed were for a Mansions of Madness puzzle that was missing in the copy I had acquired in trade. I sent an email asking about the possibility to get replacements, and would have accepted having to pay a couple of bucks for shipping at least, as it wasn't a new copy. They said "We'll just need your address" and sent me the pieces all the way across the pond for free, no questions asked! That's top notch service in my book! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
so I would advise being patient for a little while longer.

I have no problem being patient I waited God knows how long for those betrayal tile replacements. My problem is with the "we'll get to you when we get to you" attitude the emails seems to imply.

Give me any kind of time frame 4-6 weeks etc. Doing so lets me know when it's been too long I need to contact them again. Doing it this way is probably causing them unwanted emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
What I write is my opinion so there's no need to be humble about it
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread might clarify things a bit I hope. Let's hope it all works uot for you guys. It's been ages since I bought anything from FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Pleasant View
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, you're not alone.

I got a copy of Gears of War for Christmas from my Secret Santa! I played the first scenario and loved it. Then I went to play the second scenario to discover that I I was missing four of the room tiles. I emailed FFG using their online Contact Us page. Several weeks went by and I heard nothing. Then I mentioned it on this thread. The same day, I received a similar response:

Quote:
Shane,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We sadly are undergoing structural change here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

We would be more then happy to help you with your request and send you some replacement parts on us. Please be aware that we have a big backlog of requests to fulfill and we’ll add you to the queue. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec
Customer Service Associate
Fantasy Flight Games Customer Service Team

That was Jan. 31. It's now Feb. 24 and I haven't heard anything from them. I don't remember giving them my address in my original message, so I'm quite certain they don't even have my address to know where to send it. You're right, the response seemed like a form letter, and I felt like they didn't even care since they didn't bother to ask where my replacement parts should be sent.

I really don't care if they're undergoing "structural changes" in the customer service department; last I checked they weren't having any problems kicking out new titles, so clearly they've got a lot of manpower working hard. The way I see it is they're just not putting any real effort or focus into their customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
isreal rivera
United States
staten island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me about a month to get figures that were missing from a new DungeonQuest. But they were shipped for free, and i received everything that was missing. Plus, they responded to every email I sent. Im pleased with the customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually did get my items it took about 3 weeks but that's fine. Considering what crappy service I am getting from Battlefoam right now I consider 3 weeks with FFG a 5 star service achievement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Pleasant View
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
Dan, you're not alone.

I got a copy of Gears of War for Christmas from my Secret Santa! I played the first scenario and loved it. Then I went to play the second scenario to discover that I I was missing four of the room tiles. I emailed FFG using their online Contact Us page. Several weeks went by and I heard nothing. Then I mentioned it on this thread. The same day, I received a similar response:

Quote:
Shane,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We sadly are undergoing structural change here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

We would be more then happy to help you with your request and send you some replacement parts on us. Please be aware that we have a big backlog of requests to fulfill and we’ll add you to the queue. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec

That was Jan. 31. It's now Feb. 24 and I haven't heard anything from them. I don't remember giving them my address in my original message, so I'm quite certain they don't even have my address to know where to send it. You're right, the response seemed like a form letter, and I felt like they didn't even care since they didn't bother to ask where my replacement parts should be sent.

I really don't care if they're undergoing "structural changes" in the customer service department; last I checked they weren't having any problems kicking out new titles, so clearly they've got a lot of manpower working hard. The way I see it is they're just not putting any real effort or focus into their customer service.

UPDATE

I received this email yesterday:

Quote:
Shane,

Sorry about the delay in getting a hold of you. We are receiving a higher volume of emails then normally here at the customer service department which has resulted in a slow down of parts replacement and response to general requests.

We are sorry, but we never received your shipping address in the first email and I did not ask for it in my follow up. As a result, we have just processed your request now (with the provided shipping address). As a result of this oversight we have included an extra set dice (just in case you ever need more), and a copy of our game Mansion of Madness.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and support. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Kalar Komarec

Thanks FFG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first FFG customer service issue I've had since Thaad left and I'm also disappointed. I emailed them three days ago because a pack of card sleeves I bought had about 15 in it that were mis-cut and didn't cover the whole card. So far nothing has come back yet. When Thaad was running the show I usually received a response the same day and my stuff was on its way in a day or two. Day three and I haven't even received an email back yet.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
This is the first FFG customer service issue I've had since Thaad left and I'm also disappointed. I emailed them three days ago because a pack of card sleeves I bought had about 15 in it that were mis-cut and didn't cover the whole card. So far nothing has come back yet. When Thaad was running the show I usually received a response the same day and my stuff was on its way in a day or two. Day three and I haven't even received an email back yet.cry

Not to say that Thaad wasn't fantastic (because she absolutely was).

However, Kalar seems to be doing this pretty much on his own. He had big shoes to fill, and Thaad had time over the years to grow with the company. She had a system that worked when they were small, and it grew through their growing process.

Kalar's come in after Thaad left, which already created a backlog. He also did so during the holiday season, which itself increases customer service requests. And, to top it off, the QC at FFG was a bit lacking with their ridiculous number of releases.

So yes, FFG needs to fix the QC issues. I think after Forbidden Alchemy, it's become a priority for them. However, while certainly no Thaad (yet), I don't think it's necessarily fair to be down on Kalar. I think he inherited a time bomb that was waiting to go off, with Thaad's departure being the last tick. From what I can tell, he's dealing with being overwhelmed well and is settling into his position.

He may not be Thaad now, but I certainly think he deserves a chance to prove himself after things settle down a bit. I've still received anything requested within a month, so I've been happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

However, Kalar seems to be doing this pretty much on his own. He had big shoes to fill, and Thaad had time over the years to grow with the company. She had a system that worked when they were small, and it grew through their growing process.

Kalar's come in after Thaad left, which already created a backlog. He also did so during the holiday season, which itself increases customer service requests. And, to top it off, the QC at FFG was a bit lacking with their ridiculous number of releases.

So yes, FFG needs to fix the QC issues. I think after Forbidden Alchemy, it's become a priority for them. However, while certainly no Thaad (yet), I don't think it's necessarily fair to be down on Kalar. I think he inherited a time bomb that was waiting to go off, with Thaad's departure being the last tick. From what I can tell, he's dealing with being overwhelmed well and is settling into his position.

He may not be Thaad now, but I certainly think he deserves a chance to prove himself after things settle down a bit. I've still received anything requested within a month, so I've been happy.

Fair enough. I've been new in a position before. When you get used to something happening a certain way and then it stops working that way it used to can be....jarring sometimes.

Let me ask you this though. Is this Kalar as cute as Thaad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
MattShinners wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

Fair enough. I've been new in a position before. When you get used to something happening a certain way and then it stops working that way it used to can be....jarring sometimes.

Let me ask you this though. Is this Kalar as cute as Thaad?

He'll know that he has been accepted by us when we start referring to him as Kalaar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.