Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the artwork for this Dixit 3 looks quite different than the previous Dixits... almost cartoony. The artist info is missing from the game page.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the artist is Marie Cardouat?

While I like the what I see, I'd be less tempted to get it if it's not. (Also, I'm not sure if the Odyssey box has room for them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
it is indeed a different artist, Xavier Collette

http://www.trictrac.net/index.php3?id=jeux&rub=actualite&inf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I like those samples...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runtime Error
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. So Dixit 3 is just the cards of the new American base version of Dixit. A different (optimistic ;-) look for the American market. Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't feel bad mixing them together - might be good for the game to have a different brush behind some of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radioactive Man
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According my artist wife, she took one glance at the sample cards and said, these are digital, the other ones aren't. So there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I liked this game more; these cards are so pretty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah they already mixed in a different artist for odyssey so adding a new artist may help "balance" the incongruity.

there goes more $$$

the joy of expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be "that guy."

The art shown so far is 'cute' and far more grounded in reality. While the mt. Rushmore gag is amusing, the fact that it is obvious limits what you can do with the card. The same applies to the cavalry/native canoe card.

I prefer the darker flights of fancy seen in Dixit 1 & 2 that appear to have little narrative built into the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Me and my wife, we also prefer Dixit 1 and 2. Odyssey was hit and miss for us but this newest addition to the series is definitely not our piece of cake, we will skip it. But hey, you cannot please everybody. Tastes differ, I am sure that many people will love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:
Me and my wife, we also prefer Dixit 1 and 2. Odyssey was hit and miss for us but this newest addition to the series is definitely not our piece of cake, we will skip it. But hey, you cannot please everybody. Tastes differ, I am sure that many people will love it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you that the art for Odyessey was not as good as 1+2. However, I think the art for this new one looks interesting, and I really do think that even though a little variety is jarring...and i feel it is...a bunch of variety by adding a completely different artist will help make it feel more "natural".

Of course it may be just throwing good money after bad....

But hey, more Dixit cards!

And yes, I'm indulging my collector mentality with this game (and this game only...though I do have a couple books series that I'm chasing down (Raymond Chandler, Ross Macdonald, and Dashell Hammet paperbacks.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.