M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
goo

Hi there,

A few more noobs this week!! Great to see. Thank you for your support.

Steve L -- Please post here the new game you were playing and what else you are looking for at Gamesummit.

I am really curious how Mage Knight (the second playing) and Risk: Legacy (the third defacing) went.

If you played, post 'em.

On a side note Kuub wants everyone to know she made 4 in a row perfect calls in Liar's dice.

goo

See you in 14

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:
Steve L -- Please post here the new game you were playing ...

The new game prototype we were playing did not have an official title but I think Daryl said the working title was "Cityscape". Daryl Chow, the designer, has produced the quick, easy to learn but tough to master tile laying game. Pete, Daryl & I each started with a mat with an 8 by 8 grid of squares. Each round 16 tiles are drawn and the players bid for first choice. The winner takes the row or column of his choice and places the won tiles immediately. There are many types of tiles and based on what kind of tile and what colour, different schemes for scoring them at games end. There are even negative tiles that can reduce your score. Daryl "schooled" us at this one (play the game and you'll get the pun!).

It's really great to have such a vibrant board game design community right here in the Nation's capital!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk: Legacy was a blast. I was two turns away from getting my name on the board but Deefer beat me to it. We played 2 games and got to open an envelope that completely changed the factions selection and placement, turn starting order.

I am really liking this game.

Lang, Adam and I also played a bit of Death Angel to finish off the evening, I am very interested in trying it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Halden wrote:
Risk: Legacy was a blast. I was two turns away from getting my name on the board but Deefer beat me to it. We played 2 games and got to open an envelope that completely changed the factions selection and placement, turn starting order.

I am really liking this game.

Lang, Adam and I also played a bit of Death Angel to finish off the evening, I am very interested in trying it again.

Current stats for anyone who's interested:

Game 1: Eric
Game 2: Adam
Game 3: Lang
Game 4: David

Pouches Opened:
"All Minor cities placed"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shawn and Christopher played the first scenario of Commands and Colors: Ancients, the battle of Akragas in 406 BC.

Round one went down to the wire, with the Syracusans winning by just one banner. After switching sides, the Syracusan army won again in the second round, routing the Carthaginian centre with a lucky streak of cards and some spectacularly good/bad (depending on your perspective) dice rolls.

I also lucked out with the Legion's 50-50 draw, winning $108.50 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:
On a side note Kuub wants everyone to know she made 4 in a row perfect calls in Liar's dice.

So she wants us to know she's an exceptional liar.

And you expect me to believe that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
war_hero wrote:

nice! Score another for the gamers!

Anyhow know how many times has someone from the game group has won that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kuub won late last year (I think).

GamerAtom wrote:
war_hero wrote:

nice! Score another for the gamers!

Anyhow know how many times has someone from the game group has won that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really curious about the indie game there (Cityscape?) and would really like to try it out in a future week.

Once again I brought Mage Knight to give it a second play to some others. We initially started with 2, got part way through the first turn and then added 1 more. The three of us got most of the way through one of the full length scenarios, with much dungeon looting, dragon smashing and monastery burning but we got completely stalled when we reached the Cities. We had made the mistake of not picking up enough movement skills; that combined with the nasty terrain meant we couldn't join up to assault the cities together.

Would love to introduce other people to this fantastic game, but might also give it a break from the Legion nights just because the initial learning curve is a bit high. If anyone is interested in learning or having a session on another day, just GM me and we can set something up

On another note, did anyone end up picking up the game Eclipse? Been curious about that one for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Whyte
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oooooooooooo I've been looking forward to Eclipse as well! Mage Knight was fun, but still we came off as noobs, having to read the cards too many times to remember what the original plan was. Next time I will be bringing Road Kill Rally, Conquest of Planet Earth and maybe something from the 70's or 80's. Alas my Dream Phone phone just had its batteries fuse so the boys cant call. If anyone knows how to fix this issue I can pay in board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.