Subject: Worst Resistance Member Ever rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's easy to be a bad spy. Takes extra effort and a whole new level of sucktitude to be a bad Resistance member.

Game 1: Charles, Ama, Paul, Eric, Kweku, me
First mission was Charles and me, and Charles framed me. I thought that wasn't good timing since I was the next Leader. I did weird stuff by not putting myself (and Charles) on the mission (trying to prove my innocence). I made Charles the Opinion Maker, which I later decided wasn't such a good idea, since he looked more trustworthy by "voting correctly", while everybody felt like I was the sneaky creep pretending to vote correctly.

I think they voted down my Paul-Eric-Kweku mission because of my Leader weirdness. But Paul, the next Leader, did the exact same thing and it was accepted this time. Success.

3rd mission, they included Ama as the 4th and I knew there was a Spy on there since I was Resistance. So I voted No. Despite this being the 4th vote of the round, and Ama and Paul both having No Confidence, by putting them in this position for a possible auto-win, if they didn't use No Confidence to end the game, that'd prove they weren't Spies. It was a DARING GAMBIT!!!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The truth was I just completely forgot about No Confidence. cry

3 Nos -- Ama, Charles and, um, ME -- caused a deadlock. Then Ama said No Confidence cry

Game 2: Paul, Eric, Ralph, Kweku, Charles, Ama, me
Mission 1: Ralph looked at Charles' loyalty, then they went on the mission together. Success.

Mission 2: Same 2 guys, + Eric this time. Failed. (Eric did it).

Mission 3: Charles, Eric, Paul, Kweku. Charles announced he was revealing Paul's Mission Card, and Paul soft-revealed by sabotaging. Post-mortem, it appears he did so to protect Eric's identity (double-spike), and also to frak with our heads since he was Opinion Maker.

At this stage, I was pretty convinced Eric was a Spy, based on "physical tells". But I was gun-shy to trust my instincts, since I had been dead wrong about Kweku last game.

Then on Mission 4 (the 2-fail mission), I completely erased my doubts and trusted Eric after the team he assembled (Eric, Charles, Kweku, Ama) succeeded, because if he were a spy, he'd likely have picked a partner for the team so that they could double-spike and win the game. When I pointed this out post-mission, he looked surprised. One mission ago, he would have looked "surprised" to me. Strange how someone's "physical tells" just disappear once you convince yourself they can be trusted. shake

Prevailing wisdom now was either Eric or Ralph was the 2nd Spy, and the 3rd Spy was either Kweku, Ama or me. Ralph soft-revealed with his vote, so the final team was Eric, Charles, Kweku, Ama. Eric was a shoo-in for the team after Ralph outed himself cry. It only took a while to nail down the team because they were deciding which 2 to take out of Kweku, Ama and me. I'll mention I was the only No!, which means I alone did not stand for this!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Actually, it means nobody trusted me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Despite this being the 4th vote, and Ama and Paul both having No Confidence, by putting them in this position for a possible auto-win, if they didn't use No Confidence to end the game

I may be misunderstanding here, but if you're saying the spies win on five failed votes per game, that's not right! It's five failed votes per round, where a round is team-selection-then-mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
How could anyone possibly figure this thing out in only 5 failed votes per game???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
selwyth wrote:
Despite this being the 4th vote, and Ama and Paul both having No Confidence, by putting them in this position for a possible auto-win, if they didn't use No Confidence to end the game

I may be misunderstanding here, but if you're saying the spies win on five failed votes per game, that's not right! It's five failed votes per round, where a round is team-selection-then-mission.

Considering that Paul and Charles are the same Paul and Charles credited in the rule book, I am confident that it was the 4th vote of the round at that point. Most of our games go to 4 or 5 votes per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
One must be cautious with the plot cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

It was the 4th round of voting on the 4th mission. Edited to make it more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.