Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I review iOS board games for a website. How do I post those video reviews here on BGG? The web site is The Dice Tower. I can't figure out where to click, who to contact, or whatever it is I need to do. Also, how could I get a reviewer badge?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Type in the name of the game in the search field at the top of the page, hit enter, click on the specific game from the list should a list show up.

Then scroll down to the "video" section of that particular game's webpage and click on "Add".

The video has to be hosted on Youtube or Vimeo to use this method. Click on all the applicable buttons on the subsequent page.

Just above the main text field you'll find a Youtube button and a Vimeo button. Click the one that's appropriate and enter in the video's number, which can be found in the video's URL on either Youtube or Vimeo. Then hit enter, submit, and you're good to go!

I know of no other way to embed video here without being an admin, but I believe they can be embedded via the BGG buttons in any post, be it a forum post, geeklist or blog here on BGG.

Hope this helps!

Edit: An issue I hadn't thought about before: I'm not sure if iOS versions of board games get put in the videogamegeek database vs. the boardgamegeek database. You can switch between the domains by clicking the appropriate tab at the top of the page, but I'd send the following admin a private message by clicking on the envelope just below the admin's username and above his avatar. Ask him just what you asked here, but ask which domain your reviews should be posted on, either boardgamegeek or videogamegeek. He'll steer you in the right direction.

Anyways, here's the admin:
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I would say that iOS video reviews should go under the appropriate game item on VGG rather than on BGG, just as reviews for Catan would be most-appropriate for that VGG entry rather than the BGG entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the help. I've been doing reviews for The Dice Tower for a few months and couldn't figure it out! Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.