Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Strip Ball Vs. Dump-Off rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Y
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sorry if this questions been answered before...

Had a game where one of my players had Strip Ball and my opponent's player had Dump-Off. We agreed that since Strip Ball doesn't actually make the player drop the ball, it merely gets placed at midfield, that Dump-Off's condition of dropping the ball doesn't apply. Logically it should, but going by the exact wording on the cards, we ruled that Dump-Off does not trigger off of Strip Ball.

Think we played it right?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartnatt wrote:
Sorry if this questions been answered before...

Had a game where one of my players had Strip Ball and my opponent's player had Dump-Off. We agreed that since Strip Ball doesn't actually make the player drop the ball, it merely gets placed at midfield, that Dump-Off's condition of dropping the ball doesn't apply. Logically it should, but going by the exact wording on the cards, we ruled that Dump-Off does not trigger off of Strip Ball.

Think we played it right?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You played it right. Strip Ball is just an auto-move from a player to midfield. Dump Off only reacts when you get the ball or get tackled '9or otherwise downed).

Sure Hands also is not triggered by Strip Ball but only getting tackled (or otherwise downed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.