Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
badge
Neither rules nor forums could clarify this to me; here we go:

There is a Chain of Command, henceforward abridged to CoC. Each character has his/her place in the CoC.

At the start of the game, the Admiral card is handed to the player whose character is highest up in the CoC.

(So far, I understand everything)

If the Admiral is brigged, the Admiral card is handed to the player next in the CoC.

Sounds straightforward. The first time this happens, the player next in the CoC can only mean 'next lower', and probably also implies 'unbrigged'.

But when the former Admiral becomes unbrigged again, does he automatically get the Admiral card back, i.e. is the player not in the brig and highest up in the CoC always automatically the Admiral? Or is the card just passed the moment the current Admiral is brigged, as the rules suggest? In that case, to the player next higher or lower in the CoC?

What about revealed Cylons? What about demoralized characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask Jayne Cobb.

Actually, I would like clairification too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the card is not passed back until there is a reason to move it, and it moves on down the list, not back to the top.

Revealed Cylons cannot be the admiral; they get skipped and have the admiralty removed from them if they were the admiral when they revealed.

Demoralized has no effect on admiral status.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but moving down the list when their is a higher ranked character above you and they are not brigged doesn't sound right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would work like it does in the original game.

When the Admiral is brigged, the title passes to the next player in the line of succession. If that player is later released from the brig, the title does not automatically pass back to him, even though he is higher in the line.

However, if the new Admiral is then brigged, the title would go back UP the line to the original player. So, the title ALWAYS passes to the highest, unbrigged player in the line of succession.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
badge
Thanks for clearing that up, Evan.

solclalm, My first impulse about revealed Cylons was the same. But, tension-wise, allowing Cylons to be Admiral could lead to interesting situations. Also, it's not less in the spirit of the BSG universe than for example never sending revealed Cylons to the brig. Or allowing revealed Cylons to give inspirational speeches. Dire circumstances could lead to a situation where humankind decides that having a Cylon as their acting commander is the lesser of two evils.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically its something like this...

If the person that is the Admiral is in the brig then that person is no longer the Admiral and the next person down in command is now the Admiral. But if that Admiral is placed in the brig too then the next person down becomes the Admiral - unless the other Admiral was released from the brig, then that Admiral gets back the Admiral. Unless they are a frakking Toaster...

Seems pretty clear to me... robot

I'll add this to the rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of the game, the highest player on the Chain of Command is the Admiral.

A player who is in the brig or a revealed Cylon is not eligible to be the Admiral.

If the Admiral is brigged or reveals, the Admiral title is given to the highest eligible player on the Chain of Command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.