Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alessandro occhipinti
Ireland
Nenagh
Tipperary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a strange situation in last game I played.
The game was very strange due to an unbelievable order of building cards.
I had the first player token.
My final action was Construction Firm, and I would build Football Stadium and Shipping Line.
Can other player use the shipping line, just built, as their final action or not?

the rule says at page 9: "The Starting player begins, then each other player takes a turn."
so the aswer would be yes.

But at page 12 it says: "In general, the order of play of the final actions is not important and they can be taken simultaneously."
This make me think that olny building available in last turn can be used in last action.
so the answer would be no.

what do you think about it? wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in this case the final order does matter.

Yes, the Shipping Line would have been available for your opponent to use. The order also matters, for example, if someone wants to build the luxury liner that is turned over from the final round card. Whomever can use a wharf first (in turn order) would have the first opportunity to build that luxury liner.

The rule states "in general", but sometimes the order does matter and any player can insist on observing the turn order if he/she thinks it will make a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I've just gotten to the point where we ALWAYS take the final action in turn order. Entry fees that first player pays to somebody else can in turn be used as entry fees elsewhere or shipped for a few extra VPs. I would say that in about half the games I've played, the order has mattered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, at the end of the game people are going to try and get rid of extra resources for points. So I've found it is most common for people to be shipping off goods for money. Turn order won't have any affect on this action so everyone can do it at once.

But if you are talking about buying/building buildings, then turn order could be important because other players may see an advantage to using those buildings you just purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alessandro occhipinti
Ireland
Nenagh
Tipperary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok! now it's all clear

thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
But if you are talking about buying/building buildings, then turn order could be important because other players may see an advantage to using those buildings you just purchased.

To be clear, you can't *buy* buildings on the final action. You can build them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Mools wrote:

To be clear, you can't *buy* buildings on the final action. You can build them though.

Ah yes, that is correct. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
In general, at the end of the game people are going to try and get rid of extra resources for points. So I've found it is most common for people to be shipping off goods for money. Turn order won't have any affect on this action so everyone can do it at once.

Maybe or maybe not; I feel the need to re-iterate my point from above. If somebody other than the first player owns the shipping line, s/he may want to ship whatever goods are given to them as entry fees. Those two fish or that bread aren't a lot of points, but if you've got extra room on your boat, its still points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.