Subject: Combine Castle Panic with Space Alert? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder if the basic mechanism of Castle Panic might be put into a timed game, like Space Alert. You play one round at a time (all players take one turn) with the timed voice scripting random draw monster arrivals...

Obviously, you'd need some adaptations, but perhaps not too many?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Combine Castle Panic with Red Alert?
I assume you meant Space Alert (not Red Alert). You might edit your subject to fix that.

It seems like it could work. It would be more interesting if everyone (somehow) had to play simultaneously. But I didn't really like Space Alert, so I'm probably not the best one to be giving opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
I assume you meant Space Alert (not Red Alert). You might edit your subject to fix that.

Oops! Thanks for the correction...

Yes, I'm thinking that, instead of one person playing as many cards as they can, each monster turn would be followed by everyone playing one card. You'd probably have everyone plan three or four monster turns before refilling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.