3 Posts

A Fistful of Penguins» Forums » Rules

Subject: adding extra dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the rules that you can use a penguin to add another dice to your roll. Do you have to do this one dice at a time, or can you pay say three penguins and get three new dice all at the same time. I'm not sure what the point is of adding them one by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
spend a pinguin, add a die, you can add as many as you spend pinguins, or you can reroll all the dice you have that you want to reroll for 1 penguin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You may add them one by one, or all at once. There is no advantage to adding them all at once (except maybe to speed the game up), but there may be a slight advantage to doing it one at a time.

As an example: I rolled a lion, a kangaroo, a moose, and a camel. I want to roll three more dice, but I decide to buy them one at a time. I roll the first two and get two more lions. This causes me to change my mind and instead of spending a penguin to add a third extra die, I use it to reroll the kangaroo, moose and camel, hoping to get more lions.

But you can do it either way (all at once or one at a time). Both are allowed by the rules.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.