Todd DeCruz
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Having not played regular Catan in ages I was surprised to find that there is a rule that if one resource does not have enough remaining to fill the production for all players on a given turn then no one gets that resource that turn. When playing cities and knights we always start with the player whose turn it is and go around clockwise filling each production order until the resource is depleted. I double checked in the rules for cities and knights and I could not find any mention of this "all or none" production rule from the basic Catan game. I'm thinking with the addition of city walls and the ability to hoarde more resources this rule is not applicable to cities and knights, thus is not mentioned in the cities and knights rules. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Archer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base Catan rules apply unless the C&K rules specifically modify them. So that all-or-none rule applies. We also play that if there aren't enough but only 1 person is getting the resource then they get all that is left. But, that is probably a small house-rule deviation.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The "everybody or noone"-rule applies to all SoC-versions, scenarios, variants ...
The "house rule" of Bob is also an official ruling, if there is only one player to receive that specific resource and there are not enough available, he gets all remaining resources.

There is also a distribution order if playing with some specific extensions:

1. Players receive cards for events (if using the card stack variant with the events).
2. Players receive cards for hextiles (excluding gold/volcano), "everybody or noone"-rule may apply.
3. Players receive cards gold/volcano, cards are chosen in playing order if necessary, cards that were not distributed according to "everybody or noone"-rule rule in step 2 must not be claimed in this step.
4. Players claim resources for aqueduct (if playing Cities & Knights).

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.