Subject: Where does your starting castle go on the Advanced boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking through my rulebook a few times now to see if there is any mention since there are some that dont have a castle space with a 6 on them.

Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me whats with the 3 castle space on the main board near the 6 depot? It has ABCDE on either side of it and in different colors. I saw no mention of it in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DOAisBetter wrote:
I've been looking through my rulebook a few times now to see if there is any mention since there are some that dont have a castle space with a 6 on them.

good question, don't know either, and can't recall reading about that in the rules.

DOAisBetter wrote:
Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me whats with the 3 castle space on the main board near the 6 depot? It has ABCDE on either side of it and in different colors. I saw no mention of it in the rule book.

in a 3 player game, in phases B & D you don't put a castle there but a mine. It's mentioned somewhere in the rules (can't tell you what page as I don't own a copy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DOAisBetter wrote:

Starting position does not need to have a 6. When playing with the full rules, including advanced boards, players can place their starting castle in any dark green hex.

Quote:

Bottom of page 3. Explains that in a 3-player game only, that space gets a castle in phases A, C, and E and gets a mine in phases B and D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
DOAisBetter wrote:

Rulebook, page 12:

Quote:
Players are free to choose which side (front or back) of the board they wish to use, as well as which (dark green) space they will place their starting castle on.

DOAisBetter wrote:

Rulebook, bottom of page 3:

Quote:
Note: In the three-player game only, there is an exception for the dark green space in the No. 6 depot: In phases A, C and E a castle is placed onto it as normal, but in phases B and D a mine (grey) is placed there instead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys I thought I might have read something about that space the first time through but for the life of me I couldn't find it again. Also thanks for pointing out the advanced game on the back cover, from the title I thought it was just a thank you paragraph, I didn't realize it was a part of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.