Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this game and would like to know before I buy expansions for the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can use robot expansion with any expansion, promo, all power grid stuff to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression (I don't own the robots expansion yet) is that the robots are essentially just making rules on how a person would play: e.g. "This robot will always buy as many resources as it can afford."

The robot is creating a programmed additional player, and (I believe) has no effect on how you would otherwise set up the map and resource supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The robots work with any map. It might be a real pain to use robots with the Korea map's split fuel market. The robots are unprepared to deal with any of the cards in Power Grid: BGG Promo Card Set, but the humans can still bid on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Japan map where you can start 2 unconnected networks at the start? I guess you can use a dice roll to determine on whether or not the Robot builds a 2nd network.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.