Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I somehow needed a quick plastic crack fix and this was rather cheap (13 Euros without shipping).
I love big units (I have a lot of Star Wars minis and love the huges) and so this seemed like a no-brainer.
Do these pieces have any good synergy with units from the 3 Mastersets and Wave 1, because these are all the units I have got.
Are they good in combination with Road to the forgotten Forest or the Fortress, which are the other sets I have besides the Master Sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are good with everything! Charos is awesome. If you have some Marro, then Su-Buk-Na is nice. But Charos is one of the best of the high cost Dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this one a few months ago. No regrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This set offers one of the most economical ways to add variety to your Heroscape game at this point and I can't think of any reason whatsoever to pass it up. The one thing that might bother you is not having any lava/lava field tiles upon which Brunak can exercise his heat resistance, but that really isn't a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that really bothers me is not to have bought Thaelenk Tundra when it was still available in retail. I love ice/snow setting and would have made a huge mountain map with the peak covered in snow with all my pieces...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
The thing that really bothers me is not to have bought Thaelenk Tundra when it was still available in retail. I love ice/snow setting and would have made a huge mountain map with the peak covered in snow with all my pieces...soblue

I hear you. I used to own several sets before I unloaded my entire collection at one point (to help finance a new roof) and had to start over again from scratch. Now I can't nearly justify what it would cost to replace them. The tundra set did add a lot visually to the game, but if it's any consolation, the "deep snow" and "slippery ice" rules actually had an adverse affect on play in my opinion, throwing even more of an advantage to ranged and flying units.

Nothing that a few judicious house rules couldn't fix, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.