Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Game Mechanics names rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Toochaos
msg tools
hey guys i have been working on a game for a while now got the prototype done and now i need some help in describing it and was wondering if there was a list of game mechanics describing what they are and what they are called, as i don't really know of any game with some of the same mechanics as mine, and really need help explaining whats involved in the game, as im terrible at explaining. thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim §
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toochaos wrote:
hey guys i have been working on a game for a while now got the prototype done and now i need some help in describing it and was wondering if there was a list of game mechanics describing what they are and what they are called, as i don't really know of any game with some of the same mechanics as mine, and really need help explaining whats involved in the game, as im terrible at explaining. thanks in advance

Try these two links:

1. Browse->Game Mechanics (all of the game mechanics used to classify games on BGG)

2. The Geeklist of Game Mechanics (examples & discussion of #1)

If these don't describe your mechanics, you could describe the mystery mechanic and get some help on the Forums here.

Hope this helps!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.