Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightfall is going for $22.99 from a third-party seller.

http://www.amazon.com/AEG-5301ALD-Nightfall/dp/B004QPFUU0/re...

Not super-hot, but the lowest I'm seeing it is around $25 (shipping NOT included).

EDIT:

Original quoted price is dead, but there are still several options to purchase the game for around $24 with shipping included. Check the sidebar for "more buying choices."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wright
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt, I've been looking at Nightfall for a long time, so this was the excuse to finally make the plunge. Here's to hoping I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Wright wrote:
Thanks Matt, I've been looking at Nightfall for a long time, so this was the excuse to finally make the plunge. Here's to hoping I like it!

Hope you enjoy it! I'm new to deckbuilding (have bought every Dominion set, and just today ordered a physical copy of Ascension), so I'm not sure Nightfall is for me.

Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb

seems to like it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot of fun. And each of the games you (sommermat) listed all scratch a different itch. Dominion isn't nearly as "in your face" aggressive as the others you listed. Ascension has a bigger random element (not meant to sound like a negative point though I know it is for some people). Nightfall is direct confrontation with deck building and a great chaining mechanic where you can create awesome combos. I recommend it but I'm also a sucker for deck builders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Vasel also gave it high marks.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/6248/nightfall/dice-tower...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wright
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SommerMatt wrote:
Tom Wright wrote:

Hope you enjoy it! I'm new to deckbuilding (have bought every Dominion set, and just today ordered a physical copy of Ascension), so I'm not sure Nightfall is for me.

Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb

seems to like it, though.

Ender Wiggin wrote:
It's a lot of fun. And each of the games you (sommermat) listed all scratch a different itch. Dominion isn't nearly as "in your face" aggressive as the others you listed. Ascension has a bigger random element (not meant to sound like a negative point though I know it is for some people). Nightfall is direct confrontation with deck building and a great chaining mechanic where you can create awesome combos. I recommend it but I'm also a sucker for deck builders.

I really want to try Ascension out. Although I'm not the biggest fan of randomness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned how to play Ascension with the iOS app (as have many people, I imagine...). The randomness is definitely a factor, but as with a game like Carcassonne, a skilled player will more likely than not beat a novice.

My two friends from work are really into playing Dominion, so I thought I might introduce Ascension at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Dahl
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
looks like they got more stock. deal is back on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.