5 Posts

Infidel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reaction fire- simultaneous or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example a Knight charges toward two archer units and the hex the Knight ends his movement is in ZOC of two archers. Do you resolve this fire simultaneously? Meaning that if the Knight wasn't disordered(obviously since he charged), the worst possible thing that could happen is he being disordered in the result of either or both missle rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I have always rolled one reaction fire and applied the result before rolling and applying the result of the other.

I can find no rules or posts by the designer to support this method, I believe I read it in an session report on a battle from the Men of Iron set.

Doing them simultaneously would certainly curtail the power of archers, perhaps too much for the original Men of Iron game, where they need to be powerful to give the English a chance in the battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
SF3D
mbmbmbmbmb
So I push my -1 Pike formation into a hex that is overlapped by the fire zone of two archer units and with two die rolls watched my Pike unit disappear. My only thought on this is that return fire by archers is resolved simo and this is what I thought it would be when I marched up there with only having to worry about the worst result. But by applying the first result first it put me at risk of losing the unit which felt to me more like a volley from muskets. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and learned very quickly not to do this if this is truly the intent.

Cheers
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
As far as I can tell, this was truly the intent. It makes moving into these kill zones very dicey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
SF3D
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ralph wanted to be sure, and man did it hurt when I did so. I surely respect those boys now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.