Subject: Any chance of Necromancer island re-release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Only recently bought this game (and all subsequent exp) around Xmas time. I managed to get the tunnels promo but obviously since the Necromancer Island came out a year ago there are none left.

I have seem them on sale for $40 and such via ebay... but is there any chance DoW will re-release this? I'd love to get this at a not-so-inflated price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might be misunderstanding the use of the Small World: Tunnels expansion. It's use is to connect Small World and Small World Underground. Unless your talking about a different expansion, Small World: Necromancer Island has nothing to do with the Tunnels expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still download the rules from DoW's homepage, and easely make the tokens yourself.

The idead behind Necromancers Island was good, but the execution failed.

It's way to easy for the Necromancer to win, mainly because any player who cannot win the game, can throw it to the Necromancer, so in reality it does not become everybody against the Necromancer, but the leading player against the Necromancer and everybody else.

It's not worth $40 at all, not even $10 IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a sealed copy of Necromancer Island just sitting here. $40? Really? Hmmm... I'm thinking math trade. Or, better yet, I'll trade my sealed Necromancer Island for your King of Tokyo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm in my prime.
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:

+1

A few of the powers are also overpowered when coupled with the Necromancer. The rulebook is awful as well. I wish DoW would redo the rules because the idea is still a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Vasher wrote:
I think you might be misunderstanding the use of the Small World: Tunnels expansion. It's use is to connect Small World and Small World Underground. Unless your talking about a different expansion, Small World: Necromancer Island has nothing to do with the Tunnels expansion.

I know what the tunnels exp is for, I also have SW:U. The only thing I don't have is Necromancer Island. I'd love it for completion's sake and the fact that I really, really enjoy SW and all it's incarnations.

I definitely don't want to pay $40 for it. If I could find something more reasonable, I'd be open to it.

I'm sorry, I don't know what King of Tokyo is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
trenttsd wrote:
I have a sealed copy of Necromancer Island just sitting here. $40? Really? Hmmm... I'm thinking math trade. Or, better yet, I'll trade my sealed Necromancer Island for your King of Tokyo...

This is what I was replying to... I don't know what King of Tokyo is... does my profile say I have it or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo, and no you don't have it according to your profile, but neither do you have SW or any other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
l-hansen wrote:
King of Tokyo, and no you don't have it according to your profile, but neither do you have SW or any other games.

I didn't even know there was a place to fill out what boardgames you have. *shrug* haven't bothered to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piri kou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
l-hansen wrote:

+1

A few of the powers are also overpowered when coupled with the Necromancer. The rulebook is awful as well. I wish DoW would redo the rules because the idea is still a good one.

I do fully agree, but never thought of any re-implementation. Any idea about how to keep the main principles (ghost emerging, cumulating powers) but with an alternative rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Christian / Happily Married / Plays with White / 2000+ BGG Posts / Kickstarter Fan
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
pirikou wrote:
Any idea about how to keep the main principles (ghost emerging, cumulating powers) but with an alternative rule?

Rather than a reimplementation, how about a few house rules to balance things out?

I realize this response does not answer the question posed in the OP. I apologize, and have no intention of derailing the discussion. (Hence the link.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piri kou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Does it really balance it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Christian / Happily Married / Plays with White / 2000+ BGG Posts / Kickstarter Fan
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, that is the job of the players, not the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.