Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule states that "Each time you roll (double POW!) during this player's tackle attempt, this player may attempt another tackle against a different opposing player."

My question is what is the definition of "a different opposing player"? Does different opposing player mean that if I tackle a Skaven lineman controlled by my friend Mike at a tournament after rolling a double POW, that now my next tackle attempt has to be against Frank's Humans at this same tournament match-up? If so, that would mean Piling On is only useful in tournaments as no more than ONE OPPOSING player can be on a highlight game but only at Tournaments.

If however, "a different opposing player" means that the subsequent tackle attempt must be against a different Blood Bowl player at that match-up then that just means Piling On is restricted from tackling someone with double POW and then using the next tackle attempt granted by the dice-roll to tackle the same already downed player again. This is what I feel ("a different opposing player") is intended to restrict. Had a person last night tell me that I couldn't attempt another tackle attempt with my Piling On after rolling double POW against one of his players because HE HIMSELF(the opposing player) just had his Blood Bowl player knocked down by the tackle and therefore had to make the next tackle attempt against the other person at our tournament match-up. This doesn't feel right to me.

Another question. If "opposing player" means "Blood Bowl Player" not the person controlling the players and I use tackle with someone who has Piling On and roll double POW, I could then attempt another tackle at that same matchup against a different player. If I roll double POW again, can I then go back and attempt to tackle the player I downed in the first tackle thus injuring him? You see, I rolled double POW with my troll last night 4 times in a row. I want to be able to tackle someone, then tackle a different player, then come back to the downed player for a tackle injury, then finally back to the other downed player for another injury tackle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Remember that "player" refers to the players on the cards, the blood bowl players, if you will. Mike and Frank are "managers."

Piling on means you just tackle one card, and of successful, select a different card. Each time you are successful, it has to be a different card - in other words, you can never pile on the same card twice in the same turn. So you can't pile on Player A, then Player B, and back to Player A again.

But if Mike had 3 different players and you kept rolling successfully, you could pile on to all 3 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott L
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, I think Team Manager Piling On is a misnomer and misapplication of Blood Bowl skills.

To more align with the original Blood Bowl skills, the Team Manager "Piling On" should instead be called "Multiple Block."

In Blood Bowl, Piling On allows the player throwing a block (player attempting a tackle) to jump on the downed player and cause a re-roll of their Armour roll (an attempt to injure the player).
In Blood Bowl, Multiple Block allows a player to throw multiple blocks (tackles) against adjacent players.

In Team Manager, the Piling On skill allows you to throw another tackle at a subsequent standing player (could be thought of as adjacent). To me, that sounds like Blood Bowl - Multiple Block NOT Piling On.
To me, the Team Manager "Piling On" should be worded that you get to "hit 'em again" if you roll double-pows, and attempt to injure the downed player. If the designers meant that the player should be able to make another tackle on a different player, they (the designers) should have called the skill "Multiple Block."

Two cents. Take it or leave it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds like maybe it should have been called "Multiple Blocks" as that is the way it is intended to work.

You cannot injure a player you just tackled in Team Manager with this card. You can injure someone who was previously down. And if everyone is already down, then any hit on them is an injury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I consider Team Manager's Piling On to be equivalent to the Frenzy skill from the mini game, and Frenzy in Team Manager is more similar to Piling On. There are a lot of skills like this in TM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how Sprint means you are fast enough to run and get someone who can really help over the crumby benchwarmers coach is forced to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.