Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the following rule about using the Tower correct:

Place a settlement on the edge of the board.

1. Pick any terrain type.

2. If the player has settlements already placed in the terrain type that they picked then they have to play adjacent if possible.

3. If the player picks a terrain type and they have no settlements adjacent, then they can play the settlement anywhere on the edge of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. If you use the tower, place it anywhere on the edge of the board. If possible, you must place adjacent to one of your settlements. That is, if you have a settlement adjacent to any open hex that is on the edge of the board, you must place it in an open hex on the edge of the board that is adjacent to one of your settlements. If you have no settlements that are "one away" from the edge of the board then you can place it anywhere on the edge. There's no picking of a terrain type involved at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the only restriction on the tower is that it has to be on the edge of the board, and adjacent if possible, other than those 2 rules, it can be anywhere.

EDIT: Ninja-ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PS: Forum search is your friend.
Placement Questions re Tower and Tavern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the wording in the rule book confused me for sure, "Choose any of the 5 terrain type hexes, build adjacent if possible." In retrospect, when you place a settlement you are choosing a terrain type but I think I was reading too much into it. Thanks for the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerramjet3361 wrote:
I think the wording in the rule book confused me for sure, "Choose any of the 5 terrain type hexes, build adjacent if possible." In retrospect, when you place a settlement you are choosing a terrain type but I think I was reading too much into it. Thanks for the answers!

Aha! That explains why I wasn't confused by it - I never read the rulebook. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
PS: Forum search is your friend.
Placement Questions re Tower and Tavern.

Oops sorry! I did look through all the questions first (I always do) but Murphy's Law I overlooked the specific question I was looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
I believe that the only restriction on the tower is that it has to be on the edge of the board, and adjacent if possible, other than those 2 rules, it can be anywhere.

EDIT: Ninja-ed

Also, no putting it on Water or Mountains, but that goes without saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.