Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Heberer
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules and can't quite be sure of the way the dice bidding is supposed to work. After the crisis is revealed do people in clockwise order:

a) each player commits to rolling, rolls and submits at least 1 die, and repeats rolling until done submitting.

or

b) each player commits, after all players have passed or committed then each player rolls and submits a die.

If b, do you re-roll after a round of all committing people submitting a single die or after they are done submitting?

I thought at first reading of the rules that the way the game would be played would be version a, but the PBF game I looked at seems to have all players committing or not before dice are submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
badge
Far as I understand it, B is the correct solution; each player decides if he takes part, after that, each player rolls and rerolls (where applicable) before the next player rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the players are supposed to commit to roll/pass in turn order. The PBF games forgo this as an expedient to game play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn order thing I got. It just was really unclear that it was a two stage process from the rules. It read to me like you decided, and submitted all the dice you would before the next player got to act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick van Gompel
Netherlands
Borkel en Schaft
flag msg tools
i7dealer wrote:
The turn order thing I got. It just was really unclear that it was a two stage process from the rules. It read to me like you decided, and submitted all the dice you would before the next player got to act.

Same for me. I am reading the rules and all the forum posts to see what I missed. I misread this two stage process.
Just add something to the rules like: "First, all players choose to pass or participate. When all players have decided, one player after the other rolls their dice."

Edit: after rereading the rules, it is rather obvious and the part is explained clearly on page 3 'Playing the Game'.
Though, after reading a few pages of new concepts, this list is hard to recall from the brain (aka memory) laugh
A small note about this again in the 'Resolve crisis' would be a good idea I think, since this is rather important for gameplay.

Anyways, I just printed the files on photopaper and I must say it looks really awesome! Can't wait to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.