Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just played this and thinking about how to pimp the game I saw this come out today.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2012/02/13/55078/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, at $11.99 per set x 6 sets = more than I paid for the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$60 for a full set: http://www.litko.net/products/Dominance-Territory-Marker-Set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Reptiles?

On the Website I see Mammals, Arachnids, Insects, Avian, and Amphibian pieces. What about the Reptiles?

And if they have Reptiles (as they should) then 6*$12 will be $72.00 to get the full set (6* $11.99 = $71.94 for you nitpickers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
O God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mb
I thought I saw snakes on the right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
littleboy wrote:
http://www.bgtokens.com/

http://www.bgtokens.com/shop/c/2/dominant-species

$18 complete set, elements and initiative markers.

I have these element markers to pimp out my set, they are very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PASS.

if someone does pick up a set, then please post a picture to confirm my suspicions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
PASS.

if someone does pick up a set, then please post a picture to confirm my suspicions.

Erm. Do you have suspicions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not convinced the miniatures will
a) make the game prettier
b) make the board easier to read
c) add anything to my (already immensely high) enjoyment of the game.

A picture of a board full of these miniatures will surely get a thumb from me - but other than that I will pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
alex352 wrote:
I am not convinced the miniatures will
a) make the game prettier
b) make the board easier to read
c) add anything to my (already immensely high) enjoyment of the game.

A picture of a board full of these miniatures will surely get a thumb from me - but other than that I will pass.

Agree. I'm not enamored with the cones, but these are both pretty unattractive, and for $70-$80 the Litko pieces are ridiculous (JMO).

Cheap plastic pieces like the animals they sold at Walmart for agricola would suit me and capture the theme better. They were 3-dimensional and much more colorful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heuer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get all of the tokens for $60: http://www.litko.net/products/Dominance-Territory-Marker-Set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. I don't really see these as being worth the price. Plus I wonder if it will confuse people that they are in the game colours. What if you are birds, which are a yellow token, but playing with black as a colour? I think that would be way more confusing than the look of the pieces could compensate for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
Meh. I don't really see these as being worth the price. Plus I wonder if it will confuse people that they are in the game colours. What if you are birds, which are a yellow token, but playing with black as a colour? I think that would be way more confusing than the look of the pieces could compensate for.

Pretty sure if you are using these, you're supposed to match up the colors.

I'll be interested to see what mayday comes up with for an offering!

I don't think these match the feel of the 1st edition game well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Mools wrote:

Pretty sure if you are using these, you're supposed to match up the colors.

Yeah, I think the first thing I'd be annoyed at is someone picking birds and then insisting on playing black. I really wish the game had defined the colors as going with a particular animal type. Would make the game state so much more apparent at a glance (let's see, there are all these Amphibians around me... what? turquoise is Birds this game? Well, damn.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:

Yeah, I think the first thing I'd be annoyed at is someone picking birds and then insisting on playing black. I really wish the game had defined the colors as going with a particular animal type. Would make the game state so much more apparent at a glance (let's see, there are all these Amphibians around me... what? turquoise is Birds this game? Well, damn.).

I did this when I first got the game and boxed up the pieces. Insects are green, spiders black, etc. Unfortunately, the game has recently come up with it's own convention which is different than mine. Now I have to decide whether, ahem, to adapt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vassal mod enforces a convention:

Green - Insects
Red - Arachnids
White - Mammals
Black - Reptiles
Yellow - Birds
Blue - Amphibians

As I play more PBEMs with the mod, as a member of the Dominant Species Online guild, it's going to be very hard to NOT think this way. Also a problem I have with almost always playing with Red. When I'm not, I'm messed up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.