Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I started not liking this games, after some games this is one game I like very much.
I bought a copy for myself but I would like to buy one expansion map as well.
The ones I have access are:
Brazil/Spain/Portugal
Russland/Japan
China/Korea

Which one (if any) introduces the most interesting innovations outside the topology of the map itself in your opinion?

A corollary question would be your opinion on the new plants expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Dickinson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the most interesting deviation from the normal rules comes on the Korea map where you have the split markets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
The only expansion I have played/own is China/Korea and it's great. After doing a bunch of research on here I have pretty much determined that none of the other expansions really change the game enough to be worth having so I haven't tried any others.

My favorite of the maps I own is China as I really like the restrictions on the power plant market. That being said Korea is really interesting as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both for the answers.
I was reading about them and you both seem to be correct.
I may still decide on the Brazil one because I am Brazilian, but the China/Korea does indeed looks the most interesting one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping

Portland
OREGON
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to china/korea. that's a great expansion map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
tkzubaran wrote:
Thanks both for the answers.
I was reading about them and you both seem to be correct.
I may still decide on the Brazil one because I am Brazilian, but the China/Korea does indeed looks the most interesting one.

The choice was a little easier for me as USA came in the box already =). On the off chance that they ever make an Oregon or Cascadia map I'll definitely be buying that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you have some recommendations for China/Korea already (It is a great map set BTW), I'll throw my recommendation at Japan/Russia. Japan gets crowded early and stays that way. The ability to start two networks makes it harder to plan over multiple turns (since you can't stake out a few cheapo cities to use later). Russia is a brutal map. The high connections and restricted plant market make for a longer, but still enjoyable game.

The new power plants are good. They are, on a whole, more efficient. This leads to a quicker game in some aspects since there will generally be cheaper resources throughout the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.