Popular Tags: [View All]
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey folks,

With permission from both the designer and VPG, I uploaded the PC version of the solo game I programmed some time ago. Note: I have no plans to port to iOS, add support for multiplayer, or add support for AI. This is just the solo game only. It will give you a feel for how the game works while you're waiting for your pre-ordered copy of the Deluxe Version. Post feedback here or on the file page, and I'll respond and make any changes that I think are needed.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Dickinson
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard! You should probably wash your hands.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of an "undo" button?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mothertruckin wrote:
Any chance of an "undo" button?

Sure, there's a chance. I'll add it to the wish list if I cut another release, no promises. Of course, making a move that revealed a new counter would clear the stack. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For us that don't really know how to do anything else except for double click icons, how do you run it? Will work on a Mac?

Thanks,
Æx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
Will work on a Mac?

I use Windows exclusively. My understanding is that there's software to run Windows OS on top of Mac OS, so that you can run Windows apps on top of that. Other than that, can't help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
ChillusMaximus wrote:
Will work on a Mac?

I use Windows exclusively. My understanding is that there's software to run Windows OS on top of Mac OS, so that you can run Windows apps on top of that. Other than that, can't help you.

That's too bad (about the non-Mac-ability, not about you using Windows exclusively!). Thanks for making this available, regardless -- a generous gesture. I'd love to see some examples of the new deluxe artwork on the P500 page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Dave! I'm really happy to see this up again. It's been great to play around with different strategies on the single player game, and I really love the way it handles all the "math" issues for you, so that you can immediately see which performances will score you the most points and how far cities are from each other at a glance. You can play through a game really quickly.

You'll definitely need to know the game to play, or at least read the rules, because this throws you right into the game. The only thing that took me a little bit to figure out were the codes at the top. The W = Wages, meaning how much money you will need to spend when you play your Wages card, R = Renown, meaning the fame your circus is gaining by putting on performances, and then the money below, which represents the actual money that you have. Once I got those down, it was pretty easy. Oh, sometimes I forget to note that it's the end of the month, which blocks me from doing anything until I hit bar...it's right at the bottom of the screen, but sometimes it takes me a bit to notice.

Anyway, fantastic job! I haven't found any bugs yet!

I hope this helps the game out on the GMT P500.

- Tom Decker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheRook wrote:

Oh, sometimes I forget to note that it's the end of the month, which blocks me from doing anything until I hit bar...it's right at the bottom of the screen, but sometimes it takes me a bit to notice.

Programs | Half Turkey | Circus Train Instructions

There's a text file with some instructions to play the game, the first being:

Quote:
At various points in the game, it may appear the UI is not responsive. There may be an error or other message in the status bar at the bottom of the window. After reading the message, press SPACE to continue.

But you provided some other tips that aren't covered by the instructions, so thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.