Subject: Anything wrong with the old version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a used copy of Medici without realizing it was one of the older versions (the one that looks like this)

It was cheap so I don't really mind that it's the older version, as long as it plays the same. I just want to make sure that the rules and the gameplay are exactly the same as the new/best version.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
I won this badge from Daniel Karp in a poker game.
badge
BGGCon 2014 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
okkay wrote:
I bought a used copy of Medici without realizing it was one of the older versions (the one that looks like this)

It was cheap so I don't really mind that it's the older version, as long as it plays the same. I just want to make sure that the rules and the gameplay are exactly the same as the new/best version.

Thanks!

The only difference is the artwork. Every version of the art and colors has its critics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
Actually, this is not the oldest version.

The original Amigo edition doesn't have "bonus 5" points. So it is impossible to get the bonus in the first round (Same for the new French edition - also this version has multiple-times-around auction style and special cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.