Popular Tags: [View All]
Tytus Kociszewski
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question
After using the needs cards to satisfy the pets needs, do the used cards get discarded or do they "stay" with the pet. (thus potentially increasing the value when it is sold)?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are discarded during the discard needs cards step of the turn (after selling to customers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tytus Kociszewski
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they roll over turn to turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you discard them after scoring points for an exhibition. If you're going to sell a pet, you use only the ones you played that round. I think the idea is that each round the customer comes around to check out the animal, and he sees the needs the animal has in that round. So, for example, if Porky Orky is the customer that turn, when he drops by to look at your animal, he'll see it eating, pooping, and getting angry at that moment, so if you've played a lot of hunger, poop, and anger needs that turn, he'll see a lot of it, whereas if you didn't have many of those cards that turn, your pet won't be showing off its "best" side for him. It actually makes really good sense thematically (although it would nice to be able to rack up a big sale by cumulatively adding together needs from previous rounds).

Edit: I changed the wording of the second sentence to make it clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
awesomeunclet wrote:
My understanding is that you discard them after scoring points for an exhibition.

No, you discard them after selling to the customer. It's right there on the turn summary, on the left flap of your burrow board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tytusmk wrote:
Do they roll over turn to turn?

No, you discard them after selling to customers (whether or not you sold any pets this turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
awesomeunclet wrote:
My understanding is that you discard them after scoring points for an exhibition.

No, you discard them after selling to the customer. It's right there on the turn summary, on the left flap of your burrow board.

You're right, I didn't phrase that correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, you need to be down to 4 cards again after the sell phase; more if you got those magic books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.