Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Johnson
Wales
Pontypridd
flag msg tools
mb
Hi
I recently ordered a copy of the shark expansion for get bit from mayday games as a valentine gift for my boyfriend.
The parcel arrived today but it contains the 7th player expansion

Has anyone else had to contact mayday games before?
How is their customer service?
What sort of time is it in layton?
and how long is it likely to take to get a reply?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
Brazil
União Da Vitória
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me put it this way: You are by far not the first person to post having a problem with a Mayday product, and inquiring about Mayday customer service. Sometimes things get resolved to everyone's satisfaction...sometimes not. Their publisher page has numerous examples:

Mayday Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Johnson
Wales
Pontypridd
flag msg tools
mb
well that explains the previous post !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
Moved to the Mayday Games company forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Moved to the Mayday Games company forum

Sadly, nobody comes by here very often so you might not get a direct answer...really, the only advice is to be patient and diligent.

(Thinking out loud: Since the OP was dealing with Mayday as a retailer, rather than directly as a publisher, it might have gone better in Discussing Retailers? Also, a lot more people would have seen this there than here.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
This forum has over 1700 posts and the owner of Mayday Games posts in here regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Claire,

I'm guessing you ordered from us on maydaygames.com? If you geekmail me your order # and tell me what you are missing I'll be happy to help you out.

If you go to any of our webpages you can go to the bottom of the page and hit the "Contact Us" and there you can email Sarah to let her know the problem and she can help instead if you prefer.

It sounds like you ordered the Sharkspansion but didn't get it? The 7th player plays as the shark so you need the shark cards and the tokens and rules. The base game includes the shark so there is no 7th player token per se. We do offer the pink shark as well as a separate expansion if you want to play a 7th player with a new colored robot and cards. I wonder if you just ordered the wrong thing on accident?

Either way let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Johnson
Wales
Pontypridd
flag msg tools
mb
I contacted customer services and the whole thing was sorted out in less than 5 hours which is really good considering the time difference.

Not sure why you guys get loads of flack for your customer service

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered the shark expansion and received the 7th player expansion by mistake. My email to customer service was quickly replied to, and I received the proper expansion straightaway. More recently, I had a crokinole set ordered which was not sent to me; Seth Hiatt at Mayday was very professional in his response to my emails and I have now received the crokinole board. Their customer service is 2 for 2 with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.