Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another voice for Yomi and the crazed Innovation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stupid Joe
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a filler game, I really enjoy Lost Cities. It is way more simple than some of the other recommendations, but I find it to be a great little game to play at the end of the night or in between bigger games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Bergeron
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some great recommandations here, want to add one...

BattleCon: War of Indines

Not played yet, waiting for my copy but this game seems really interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rivals for Catan
It's kind of a hybrid card game but it has lots of options. If you enjoy Settlers of Catan its a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Jumpshelf wrote:
The Rivals for Catan
It's kind of a hybrid card game but it has lots of options. If you enjoy Settlers of Catan its a fun game.

I'm wondering, is Rival much better than the original Settlers card game?

The original game, which i have, has a serious flaw as in the first player to get the majority of the village tiles will win the game almost everytime, making an hour long game mostly decided in the first 15 minutes as both players rush for the villages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend starting with Dominionand then getting more Dominion and then even more Dominion. Most people love it (but it does have a few haters).

I would be sure to try any other card games before buying but the following have plenty of fans and are well made: Race for the Galaxy, Glory to Rome, 51st State, Thunderstone (warning this is not just dominion with more theme - the mechanics create more theme at the expence of increased luck and devaluaing good strategy to some degree)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Foster
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree-Mystery Rummy:JtR is a superior game with lots of tough decisions. It works great with two and has good replay value. Just be sure to download some of the player aids from the JtR page. I prefer the one by Liumas. The original rules are awful! His aid will make learning the game lots easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Oreglia
United States
Lincoln
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Infinite City. Although it's not technically a card game, you use tiles as if they were cards. It's a good strategy game with great player interaction and can be played with 2-6 players, usually within 30-45 minutes depending on the number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohnanza
Dominion + expansions
7 Wonders
Race for the Galaxy - don't care for expansions
Fleet - Coming Soon!!
Modern Art
For Sale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Suing
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Ogunner wrote:

thanks everyone for your comments. i have played a few of the games mentioned. and iam going to get Summoner wars when the reprint comes out. i will look into some of the other games mentioned as well.

I would just jump straight to the Master Set as it's got a nice board and SIX factions (rather than just two in the start sets) and the price isn't very much higher. You'll get a much better sense for the game overall as all the factions operate differently but are still balanced. Plus, the premium board over the paper mat is a no-brainer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy with expansions, hands down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.