Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This coming Saturday, Nov. 18th, marks our 3rd year Anniversary of hosting library gamenights here in southern Oregon! Please come join us at the Ashland branch library for a lively evening of board games. We have a fairly large collection of games on hand.

Days of Wonder donated three games to our collection this past month:
Ticket to Ride: Europe, Memoir '44, and
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia.

Win a copy of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries
!
Our friends at Funagain have once again donated a game for our food-for-games raffle. Bring in one or more non-perishable food items to secure a raffle ticket to win the game. All of the food goes to the Ashland Food Project. Every item gets you a raffle ticket. Please take a look at the AFP web site to see what specific items they need most.

Teen Day
On the same day, in the same room, we host a Teen Day from Noon until 3:30 pm. Multiple video game consoles are setup (lately they've been playing 8-person Halo). I bring all of the boardgames used for the gamenight, and the library provides snacks (chips, cookies, fruit...). We usually get between 25 and 40 kids attending, half of which we pull into the evilness that is our obsession, and away from the glitter and glam of the video games. It's a noisy, fun-filled 3 1/2 hours.

Teen day usually brings between 20-40 kids and the game night between 50-80 people of all ages and game tastes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thornhill
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My parents are going to be in town! I'll try to bring them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher DeFrisco
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Tim Thornhill wrote:
My parents are going to be in town! I'll try to bring them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.