Carcassonne: Die Katharer» Forums » News

Subject: Cathars Available NOW for a Limited Time Only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just announced from Spielbox's own webstore:

"The exclusive expansion 'The Cathars have been included in spielbox no. 5/2004 and the Carcassonne-Almanach. Both issues are sold out since a long time. You get the cards and the rules (in English). You can order only ONE copy per buyer/person!"

It was only added on February 11th and it is the second time it has appeared on the webstore in the last six months. I'd suggest buying a copy NOW before it's too late.

Go to: http://www.nostheide.de/webshop/xtcommerce/product_info.php?... and buy your copy today!

Note: The expansion does not come with the original magazine issue or the Carcassonne Almanach. The cost is €8.00 with €4.00 shipping to the United States. Spielbox members may receive a discount if logged in. Mine came to under €6.72.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:

"The exclusive expansion 'The Cathars have been included in spielbox no. 5/2004 and the Carcassonne-Almanach. Both issues are sold out since a long time. You get the cards and the rules (in English). You can order only ONE copy per buyer/person!"

It was only added on February 11th and it is the second time it has appeared on the webstore in the last six months. I'd suggest buying a copy NOW before it's too late.

Go to: http://www.nostheide.de/webshop/xtcommerce/product_info.php?... and buy your copy today!

Note: The expansion does not come with the original magazine issue or the Carcassonne Almanach. The cost is €8.00 with €4.00 shipping to the United States. Spielbox members may receive a discount if logged in. Mine came to under €6.72.

It looks like you have to add a subscription to Spielbox (56 euros) and a 7 euro HIG almanac to buy Cathars. At least, my shopping cart keeps defaulting back to that when I try to update it to nothing except 1 Cathars.
I'd pay $12 including shipping for Cathars, but not 71 euros angry
or is that a bug?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Whaleyland wrote:

It looks like you have to add a subscription to Spielbox (56 euros) and a 7 euro HIG almanac to buy Cathars. At least, my shopping cart keeps defaulting back to that when I try to update it to nothing except 1 Cathars.
or is that a bug?

Well The Cathars are a 4-tile set that when added to a city reduces the cities point value from 2 per tile/pennant to 1. In the Cult/Sieges expansion there were the 4-tile set called Seiges that did the exact same thing...so once I picked up that expansion I didn't feel the need to try and get The Carthers anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:

Well The Cathars are a 4-tile set that when added to a city reduces the cities point value from 2 per tile/pennant to 1. In the Cult/Sieges expansion there were the 4-tile set called Seiges that did the exact same thing...so once I picked up that expansion I didn't feel the need to try and get The Carthers anymore.

Yeah I like the crumbling/broken wall art in the original Cathars better though. I think that must have been somehow trademarked so they couldn't do that in the Cult Siege Creativity one as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

or is that a bug?

I'm not sure what was up with that weird behavior before, I was able to finally clear everything out and get just Cathars.
I think maybe the link in the OP including a specific shopping cart link, b/c when I initially clicked on it, it showed 5 copies of Cathars in the cart, plus the subscription etc. So I think we were all clicking into the same cart ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck guys. I've already got one from the original Spielbox release so that's one less person you've got to compete with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
The problem with the link in the first post is that there is a session id (sid and a bunch of numbers) for a specific shopping cart which includes other items besides just the Cathars tiles.

Use this link directly to the product, instead:
http://www.nostheide.de/webshop/xtcommerce/product_info.php?...

Add it to cart and check out for 12euros (~$15.78 US dollars)

EDIT:

Not sure if there's any discount as mentioned in the first post. The 8euro price for the tiles includes the VAT (tax), so the tile price is 6.72euros + VAT = 8euros + 4euros for shipping

However when checking out (as a guest) it did say

Sub-Total: 6.72 EUR
German Post (Dispatch to US: (1 x 0.25 kg)): 4.00 EUR
Total: 10.72 EUR

and Paypal said the charge would only be $14.47 USD, so maybe the VAT didn't get charged... we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:

or is that a bug?

I'm not sure what was up with that weird behavior before, I was able to finally clear everything out and get just Cathars.
I think maybe the link in the OP including a specific shopping cart link, b/c when I initially clicked on it, it showed 5 copies of Cathars in the cart, plus the subscription etc. So I think we were all clicking into the same cart ninja

I corrected the original link. I think you are correct. Sorry! I'm glad you got your copy, though.

@ Stim: Since I'm not in the US, I don't have to pay VAT, hence the discount. I only paid €6.72. It removed the VAT fee. I think all you have to be is logged in to do it. If you don't have an account, you get charged the full German price, I assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Whaleyland wrote:

@ Stim: Since I'm not in the US, I don't have to pay VAT, hence the discount. I only paid €6.72. It removed the VAT fee. I think all you have to be is logged in to do it. If you don't have an account, you get charged the full German price, I assume.

Hey, I edited my post while you were replying. During checkout there was no VAT, and I am in the US and I checked out as a guest without a Spielbox account... so that was a nice surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Galarneau
Canada
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!!

I just saw this message and immediately order the Cathars. I also take the Wolfgang Kramer Almanach to get the Asara's expansion.

I'm an happy gamer!

Claude

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.