Puerto Rico» Forums » General

Subject: Fleshing out puerto rico on a plane. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Currently planning out some games to play 4p on a boeing 777.

Puerto rico crossed my mind so I started thinking about how to make it more plane safe.
Tray table ~16x9.

My biggest... fear.... is the center board with all the buildings, since we are cross isle and limited in space this will have to go.

I was thinking of making some paper islands which we could write upon, and have a mini building list which we would be able to keep track of used buildings. And write in buildings which we buy.
Could fold up 1/4" of the paper edge to keep the bits inside.

Next obstacle is goods I was thinking a plano storage and a plano boat.
#3348(small 6 cube) for the 3 boats, and other side + cover for the colonist ship.
1 plano cubby holds ~15 hex barrels so 1 more for the supply.

A small box for the money.

Plantation tiles; maybe I make a little holder, can put the face up on top of the stacks?

Last would be vp; I think the best option is to simply record on the island, it does make the endgame trickier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Moving the money, goods and colonists around, even in boxes might be a hassle, otherwise nice idea! Both money and victory values can be written down on the island.. that leaves the colonists, goods and the ships which conceivably can be mirrored on all islands so you don't have to pass the m around. You'd miss the status of eachother's islands though, how are you planning accomodate that?

I forsee a big problem with using real colonists, if someone needs to go to the toilet and you have to stand up they all fall down on the floor. Perhaps little round magnets, and also make the plantation and houses magnetic... a travel version of Puerto Rico would be very nice indeed!

Personally I would just buy a used iPad and play Puerto Rico hot seat, battery lasts long enough and it's hassle free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
fsiefken wrote:
You'd miss the status of eachother's islands though, how are you planning accomodate that?

I was thinking on the paper board to have the building followed by some boxes were we could initial who grabbed what.
Yes it would be less of a hassle to pen and paper everything, but I think the game looses a bit each time something is replaced. If passing goods does become an issue then we can always fall back on your plan, .
Quote:

I forsee a big problem with using real colonists, if someone needs to go to the toilet and you have to stand up they all fall down on the floor. Perhaps little round magnets, and also make the plantation and houses magnetic...

Great point on the bathroom break it should not be a problem with the three of us together, but the loner could have that problem.
I really like the idea of magnectic peoples and plantations. The buildings just take up too much room, even shrunked.
Quote:

Personally I would just buy a used iPad and play Puerto Rico hot seat, battery lasts long enough and it's hassle free.

Hmm the easy way out
Going magnetic opens up a whole new slew of possibilities... and games; start with a mag sheet and go to town...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.