Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone have information if Plaid Hat is planning on releasing expansions for DR? I had a quick look at their site and it seems that the majority of their efforts is being put into Summoner Wars. It would be nice to get the game knowing it was going to be supported.

Also, if anyone has any sources for fan-created content, I would love to have a look. thanks!

blake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Plaid Hat podcasts they mention 'expansions' on a regular basis. What I think I recall hearing is more of another stand alone game that could be combined with the original but please don't take this as definite. Regardless check out the podcasts, they have decent content and generally dont run too long.

If there is a fansite I don't know about it.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last few comments on this F:AT article are from Mr Bistro himself, and pretty much confirm beyond all doubt that an expansion is in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the responses. I would be really surprised if they didn't expand on this game. It seems like a real hit.

From the reviews, I was really impressed by the elegant combat system. I am easily frustrated by the thrill of combat being deflated by nitpicky movement rules and subjective modifiers which this game has none of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Michigan Gamers
United States
Petoskey
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been well over two years since Plaid Hat announced DR2- no news since. Then Mr. Bistro announces that new artwork is "coming soon"- that was 5 months ago now. It's fine if there have been unforeseen hold ups on this project, but don't leave us in the dark about it. All I've seen from Mr. Bistro is empty promises- don't announce a project with no intention of living up to it. I posted a comment addressing my frustration about this on Plaid Hat's website and it was taken down, so I'm commenting here where they can't censor me. I'm through with DR2 and Plaid Hat games in general, moving on to Arcadia Quest- looks like a much better game anyway. If anyone is looking for a copy of Dungeon Run mine will be on E-bay this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.