Subject: rules questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
Daramere wrote:
No, a Follower cannot have attachments. Only Personalities can have attachments.

Not normally, yet I seem to recall an older follower or card combo that allowed a specific follower in this instance to stand alone and "act as" a personality in its own right with a few restrictions, but given how the storyline and game constantly evolves, there is probably no current way to do so. Just be wary when dealing with older cards if you get your hands on any or play against people that have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daramere wrote:
PsychoDan wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:
4.if a personality bows does the items bow? or can you use the abilities on a item or spell if the personality is bowed?

Cards bow separately, so items and followers don't bow with their personality. This means that followers can perform their actions when their personality is bowed.

However, abilities on items and spells are performed by the personality they're attached to, not the card itself. So abilities on items attached to a bowed personality can't be used.

Everything else in the answer was correct, but this is not. Whether a Personality is bowed does not affect whether an ability on an attachment can be used. You are correct that abilities on Items and Spells are performed by the Personality, but there is no blanket prohibition on bowed Personalities performing actions.

Oops. That used to be a thing though, didn't it? Or is it just that you can't use actions on bowed cards and I was mistaking that for bowed cards performing actions?

hskrfn822 wrote:
Daramere wrote:
No, a Follower cannot have attachments. Only Personalities can have attachments.

Not normally, yet I seem to recall an older follower or card combo that allowed a specific follower in this instance to stand alone and "act as" a personality in its own right with a few restrictions, but given how the storyline and game constantly evolves, there is probably no current way to do so. Just be wary when dealing with older cards if you get your hands on any or play against people that have them.

Are you thinking of Shireikan?

That's the only case I can think of, and it's pretty clear about how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
PsychoDan wrote:
Daramere wrote:
PsychoDan wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:
4.if a personality bows does the items bow? or can you use the abilities on a item or spell if the personality is bowed?

Cards bow separately, so items and followers don't bow with their personality. This means that followers can perform their actions when their personality is bowed.

However, abilities on items and spells are performed by the personality they're attached to, not the card itself. So abilities on items attached to a bowed personality can't be used.

Everything else in the answer was correct, but this is not. Whether a Personality is bowed does not affect whether an ability on an attachment can be used. You are correct that abilities on Items and Spells are performed by the Personality, but there is no blanket prohibition on bowed Personalities performing actions.

Oops. That used to be a thing though, didn't it? Or is it just that you can't use actions on bowed cards and I was mistaking that for bowed cards performing actions?

hskrfn822 wrote:
Daramere wrote:

Are you thinking of Shireikan?

That's the only case I can think of, and it's pretty clear about how it works.

Yeah, that's it. The ultimate point I guess being followers get attached to personalities and contribute force and chi to battles and such, but unless a card says otherwise that's all they really do. They're force-boosting meat shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys. we played another few games tonight and came up with a few other quetions.

1. when exchanging actions in battle phase, does a reaction "action" count as your action? that is if you play a reaction, can you right after play another action?

2. when counting up force in the battle resolution, do you count item force modifier if the personality is bowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoDan wrote:
Daramere wrote:
PsychoDan wrote:
JesseOlivier wrote:

Yeah, it used to be a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseOlivier wrote:
1. when exchanging actions in battle phase, does a reaction "action" count as your action? that is if you play a reaction, can you right after play another action?

No, it does not count as your turn to take an action.

Quote:
2. when counting up force in the battle resolution, do you count item force modifier if the personality is bowed?

No, you do not. The Items only modify the Personality's Force, and then the bowed Personality's Force isn't added into army Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dueck
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey guys,

I'm one of Jesse's opponents and have a few questions:

-Can you use an action that moves a personality to the current battlefield if that personality is ALREADY at that battlefield?

for example:
Falling Leaf Strike
Battle: Choose your performing unbowed Monk: and target an enemy Personality or Follower: Move your Monk to the current battlefield. Give the target -3F. Bow it if its Force is now 0.

-Can a unit assign to a battlefield if its personality is bowed?

Thanks for all the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o yeah i forgot about that.. i was wondering if moving him needs to be fufilled, like a cost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules have changed recently. In order to simplify things, you MUST meet all targeting requirements before the colon. This is before you can even take the action.

After this, you MUST try to fulfill all of the effects of an action you can, but not all of them may succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Epic PvP on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is after the colon, it's an effect not a cost, so it is not necessary. Pre-colon is a cost that must be met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmbmbmbmb
This fact won me a battle on the weekend!

I got to play this little number:

while I was already at the battle, costing my opponent three force and the match! Mwahahahaha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dueck
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:

-does a reaction like

Kakita Hideo (Exp)
Reaction: Before Focus Effects resolve in a duel involving Hideo, if both players in the duel have any focused cards: Discard one of each player's focused cards.

check SPECIFICALLY for Focus Effects as a requirement to trigger the reaction or can the reaction be triggered before the step in the game's framework where Focus Effects WOULD trigger and be able to be used wheather or not there are infact any Focus Effects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no dependent clause, The wording only states the timing... before focus effects resolve... this just means you get to remove ANY card before that card might resolve if it has a focus effect.

The dependency is as long as cards have been focused by both participants, and it doesn't care what is on those cards at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dueck
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i3ullseye wrote:
There is no dependent clause, The wording only states the timing... before focus effects resolve... this just means you get to remove ANY card before that card might resolve if it has a focus effect.

The dependency is as long as cards have been focused by both participants, and it doesn't care what is on those cards at that point.

I'm with you all the way up to the bolded portion.

Kakita Hideo (Exp) wrote:
Reaction: Before Focus Effects resolve in a duel involving Hideo, if both players in the duel have any focused cards: Discard one of each player's focused cards.

Doesn't focused cards mean ANY card that has been focused? I don't think for a card to be a focused card that it has to have a focus effect. I'm used to being wrong though...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Harter
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruggedscooter wrote:
i3ullseye wrote:

I'm with you all the way up to the bolded portion.

Kakita Hideo (Exp) wrote:

Doesn't focused cards mean ANY card that has been focused? I don't think for a card to be a focused card that it has to have a focus effect. I'm used to being wrong though...:whistle:

you are both right in this case, you are thinking correctly just reading what he wrote incorrectly

basically the timing is the issue where the card is discarded before the focus effect step (which is a step in all dueling) so if the card has a focus effect it doesnt resolve but it does not have to have one to be discarded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.