The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » General

Subject: honestly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
with all due respect: when the f*^@ is this game coming out, anyways?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
This link from CSW says it'll be fall...

http://www.consimpress.com/news/category/the-hunters

Really looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems an extremely disrespectful way to ask - - - but GMT games does get them out as soon as it reasonably can, there doesn't seem to be any 'shilly-shallying' in their production queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yes I am a Wargamer, Jackass.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the GMT website, 27 January update:

"Third Quarter, 2012 (At least these, plus probably a few more from the Made the Cut list on our P500 page:

Andean Abyss
Fading Glory
Pax Baltica
Saints in Armor
Space Empires: Close Encounters
The Hunters (for Consimworld Press)"

Anyone heard anything different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
This link from CSW says it'll be fall...

http://www.consimpress.com/news/category/the-hunters

Really looking forward to it!

Yes, we mention the date at the consimpress site as well as on our official game topic @ CSW Forum, etc., etc. We are looking at Q3 of this year. Please understand that we are more deeply integrating with the GMT production process, so we are following their master-planned schedule regarding release of this game. Rest assured we are doing all we can so the game is worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just added the anticipated release date to the bottom of the game description on the BGG page as well. Note: We were originally trying to release this game @ CSW Expo 2012 on June 25, 2012 -- but as we coordinated with GMT on their production schedule, we realized this was not feasible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, John! For me, I'd much rather have the game done RIGHT than quickly. Thanks in advance for what looks like a game that will be a favorite of mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game collection has a gaping hole with this game's name on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Thanks for the update, John! For me, I'd much rather have the game done RIGHT than quickly.

Bingo. That's how we approach things. If we screw things up, no one is going to be interested in future Consim Press titles, so we understand we have to execute extremely well. Having a bit more time is helpful to us (just given my own schedule my BP has dropped a few points, but the extra time also removes all excuses for any careless mistakes, period). We're aiming to make this game worth the wait and we will be sure to host online tournaments as well so folks can see how they stack up conducting patrols against other U-Boat captains. Should be great fun....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
taragalinas wrote:
My game collection has a gaping hole with this game's name on it.

Björn -- I love your style, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reeeealy itching to order this, but I need to see a few more minor details first. Ya know, component pics, rules, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
I'm reeeealy itching to order this, but I need to see a few more minor details first. Ya know, component pics, rules, etc.

We'll get there. I got diverted by CSW activities, Expo launch and such -- but I'll post rules once they are good to go for perusal. Some counters have been thrown out there and we will have more soon. And you probably saw the front cover by now. Anyway -- yes -- I appreciate your patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Oatman
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping the counters that are shown here and on the GMT page are just playtest counters and not final. This game sounds really good, but those counters are, well...not good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
conchad wrote:
I'm hoping the counters that are shown here and on the GMT page are just playtest counters and not final. This game sounds really good, but those counters are, well...not good.

Sorry to disappoint. Those are representative examples of the 1/2" counters being prepared for the game by Ian Wedge as we get everything ship-shape for production. He is a capable artist who has worked on several GMT product releases including the forthcoming Bloody April, 1917. First criticism I've fielded concerning his contribution, but I understand we can't bat 100% -- although we try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Oatman
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. I do like the Bloody April counters. Perhaps these will grow on me, but for some reason, they just don't feel right. Maybe when I see everything together it will click.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
conchad wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I do like the Bloody April counters. Perhaps these will grow on me, but for some reason, they just don't feel right. Maybe when I see everything together it will click.

Well, of course do let us know once the game is released. In the meantime, I'm sure we will present the entire countersheet when it's done for another preview. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors, I guess. I LIKE the look of the counters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
This is why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors, I guess. I LIKE the look of the counters!

Chocolate Peanut-Butter for me, as far as that goes! Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blair lafferty

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmb
i want this game but i'm honestly losing patience. understand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Enon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, honestly, I DON'T understand. The posts in this thread are quite clear that the game won't be released until the third quarter of this year.

I'm eager to get ahold of the game when it's released myself! Guess I'm unclear as to what or whom you're "losing patience" with. It's obvious that the game won't be out anytime too soon. I'm not sure what you'd like done.

As a thought, do a search here on BGG for other games involving U-boats if that's what you're jonesing for. Or try some other great WWII games that are designed for solo play or play well as solitaire games. Or play something else entirely!

I don't WANT the game released today since it's not READY for release. Give the designers time to design the great game that this promises to be. Then enjoy it when it IS ready to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatGodPan wrote:

Blair, I'm sorry that we must ask for your continued patience. We have a very formal, set production schedule that GMT Games oversees and we are doing all we can to accommodate their schedule. We have a reserved slot for printing, but please understand the time it requires to submit all final production art and have the game published over in PacRim takes considerable time. We will definitely be working to get this game out per the schedule that GMT Games has announced for this game.

See release schedule here (near bottom of page):
http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=224

I'm working on a complete reformatting of rules per SPI case format, as I did with the GDW Beda Fomm title that Consim Press released.

Naturally, we are just as anxious to see the final product and get it in everyone's hands as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatGodPan wrote:

Seriously, show a little respect and state more explicitly your issue with the answers above.

What did YOU not understand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO it is unbelievable that someone would order a product knowing full well it hasn't even been produced yet, and not accept that there is some sort of risk involved with regard to deliverables.

Delays happen.

Don't preorder if you're not prepared for delay.

I'm sure the good people at Consimworld and GMT want to make money as badly as you want to play the game.

[Edited to resolve possible ambiguity!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick postscript. The only date we announced prior to GMT Games correcting the schedule was a June 25, 2012 release date. We were hoping to release at CSW Expo 2012.

So the game will be released sometime Fall (Q3). I noticed NWS Store had posted an initial release date of March or so at some point. This was an error that they have since corrected. So, we did have to correct the release date, but I was just concerned it may have been an NWS Store customer who thought the game was scheduled to come out in Q1. That was never the case -- June 25 was our best-case scenario originally.

Just thought I should mention that. And, yes, I do appreciate actually having a bit more time on this project as I've been putting in considerable time on CSW site lately.

Thanks again in advance for everyone's patience. We hope when you receive this game, you feel it was worth the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Toltesi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Calgary Wargamer!
badge
So many games...so little time!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatGodPan wrote:

Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.