Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helloooo

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried using a pair of tweezers during a game to pick up the passenger chits?

I'm wondering if it's a good idea...I'm thinking tweezers that hopefully don't indent the chits...maybe they can be plastic or wooden or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bayley
England
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Don,t own this game, nor i have ever played it, but i seem to recall reading somewhere on the forum that someone was using dice on the board instead of the chits, then simply just rotating the dice and taking the appropriate chit from a stack at the side of the board. With this method they had no fiddly chits to pick from the board except one, the 7 value city, where they just placed the 7 chit on top of the 6 sided dice.
I do not know how well this would work, but it is probably easier than your soon to be patented tweezer method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have a little device from a optician.
they use it to remove contactlenses.
as long as you hold your finger tip on top of it, it holds the chit,
by releasing your finger, the vacuum is broken and the chit falls off.

http://www.lenscases.co.uk/index.php?main_page=popup_image&p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Adamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see dice helping. If you have a hard time picking up the chits, you're going to have a hard time putting trains down without knocking the dice over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this so I'm not sure of the actual components in question but I am guessing I nice pair of tweezers that are used by stamp collectors would baby the chits and still get the job done. They have wide flat edges and have give to them so they wouldn't compromise the piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blob of Blue Tack on the end of an expired pen. Stick it down onto the chit. Job done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.