$10.00
Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
418 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Bad Poetry P11 - ChickenSedan's First Modded Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I was inspired by the Bloody Valentine game to mod this. Please note that all posts must be in the form of rhyming poetry. The worse, the better.

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if lynched. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

If a target is not selected, the brutal will be random. In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is lynched and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 4:00pm BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are NOT counted. Votes cast at or after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be
posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will
speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote

Roles will be revealed on death.


Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by 5:00pm BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the
'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 4:00pm BGG
Night Action Deadline: 5:00pm BGG

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.


This game will start when full.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
dbmurph22
Gregarius
Guenhwyvhar
karmic_devil
LaSJ
miraria
nswoll
paulsantac
saberwolf13
Tiny3Ears
Tyraziel

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7662...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhymes you say?
this sounds like childs play
I can use rhymes to prey
just hope I don't get tooth decay
eating poor villagers that stray
i will filet, puree, or bake in a souffle
then enjoy with a nice cabernet
During the day I enjoy a lemon sorbet
to wait for the night where I have another soiree!


(was that sufficiently awful enough? )
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
miraria wrote:
Rhymes you say?
this sounds like childs play
I can use rhymes to prey
just hope I don't get tooth decay
eating poor villagers that stray
i will filet, puree, or bake in a souffle
then enjoy with a nice cabernet
During the day I enjoy a lemon sorbet
to wait for the night where I have another soiree!


(was that sufficiently awful enough? )


I do appreciate what you did there, Mir.
If you keep it up I may make you the seer.
I don't believe, however, I can find your name
On the empty set of people who have joined my game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
miraria wrote:
Rhymes you say?
this sounds like childs play
I can use rhymes to prey
just hope I don't get tooth decay
eating poor villagers that stray
i will filet, puree, or bake in a souffle
then enjoy with a nice cabernet
During the day I enjoy a lemon sorbet
to wait for the night where I have another soiree!


(was that sufficiently awful enough? )


I do appreciate what you did there, Mir.
If you keep it up I may make you the seer.
I don't believe, however, I can find your name
On the empty set of people who have joined my game.


I definitely hear what you say
but I don't have cassie acces during the day
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
miraria wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
miraria wrote:
Rhymes you say?
this sounds like childs play
I can use rhymes to prey
just hope I don't get tooth decay
eating poor villagers that stray
i will filet, puree, or bake in a souffle
then enjoy with a nice cabernet
During the day I enjoy a lemon sorbet
to wait for the night where I have another soiree!


(was that sufficiently awful enough? )


I do appreciate what you did there, Mir.
If you keep it up I may make you the seer.
I don't believe, however, I can find your name
On the empty set of people who have joined my game.


I definitely hear what you say
but I don't have cassie acces during the day


I recommend that when you return home today,
You call all of your friends and invite them to play.
This game, I assure, will be buckets of fun.
You can even play it while guzzling rum.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in joining, seems like it will be tons of fun-
but I definitely can't play until the starship game i am in is done.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas, Woe is me!
This game would be perfect you see;
Such times full of fun and unbounded glee.
The big problem is,
I can't be there for the lynches;
Thus I cannot sign up for these shindigs.

(that was close enough right? YOU try rhyming "lynches.")
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
Alas, Woe is me!
This game would be perfect you see;
Such times full of fun and unbounded glee.
The big problem is,
I can't be there for the lynches;
Thus I cannot sign up for these shindigs.

(that was close enough right? YOU try rhyming "lynches.")


I have the same problem as they,
AHHH YOUR AVATAR IS ARTEMIS!
Sorry, ADHD, what did I say?
This game is hard to miss.

soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
badge
There is hope.
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Cool theme B. I'll be following along in this one.

cool

Old School Rhyming Couplets Game

ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot say I can rhyme the worst
But in getting lynched I could be first
I'll falseclaim as evil as expected
Out of the game lynched and ejected
Unless you want to keep me here
Then I'll simply claim to be the seer
I'll even make you my N0 clear
NKed instead of lynched, so have no fear
Always random, the wild card
One thing is for sure, winning won't be hard
My winning strategy is lurk and coast
And occasionally say that I like toast

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
Alas, Woe is me!
This game would be perfect you see;
Such times full of fun and unbounded glee.
The big problem is,
I can't be there for the lynches;
Thus I cannot sign up for these shindigs.

(that was close enough right? YOU try rhyming "lynches.")


you say you cannot mak eit for the lynch
but I can make it in a cinch
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wilson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh poo.
I'm here too?
Phew!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea, it seems so much fun.
I played a haiku game a bit like this one.
Yet the lynch time, alas, is too early for me.
My boss would not like no productivity.
Rather than me hunting the werewolves, you see;
Instead, I'm afraid, my boss would hunt me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
nswoll wrote:
I like the idea, it seems so much fun.
I played a haiku game a bit like this one.
Yet the lynch time, alas, is too early for me.
My boss would not like no productivity.
Rather than me hunting the werewolves, you see;
Instead, I'm afraid, my boss would hunt me.


If more would agree, I could move the lynch.
I'd just go in Cassandra and it'd be a cinch.
I worry about holding lynch at too late a time,
Spending time with my wife might make me sacrifice rhyme.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a really fun game
with none before just quite the same
I hope this lands on spring break
else I'll have to flake
and then this post would be even more lame
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He who will soon be killed
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on cassandra
to play games on the viranda?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok fine, I signed up to play
I just might not be around the whole day.

From past experience I have to say
Posting restrictions help evil's play.

But it's still a fun way
A game of werewolf to play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
We're now at the top of the list in Cassandra.
I can't think of anything to rhyme with Cassandra.
Tell your friends, tell you're foes, we're now up to seven.
Just four more players and we'll be at eleven.
I'm hoping to have first lynch on the 27th.
I can't think of anything to rhyme with 27th.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While some maintain that silver
is impossible to rhyme
I found it just takes will, ver-
bosity and time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
Orange!


Yes that is my one line poem,
I'm sure most of you will just say "ho-umem!"
I see I'm not the only one that likes some roast!
Oh hey look, I made a rhyme with TOAST!

Do'h I just read saber's post,
He also made a rhyme with toast.
I see, I see, oh woe is me.
Please don't hang me from a tree.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
I was inspired by the Bloody Valentine game to mod this. Please note that all posts must be in the form of rhyming poetry. The worse, the better.



...cut for brevity's sake
and thus the mod I will wake --

I took a look,
and I did find,
One post I see,
Not in sounding Rhyme.

It is alas,
the mod so dear,
who makes the rules,
for us to fear!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Tyraziel wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:
I was inspired by the Bloody Valentine game to mod this. Please note that all posts must be in the form of rhyming poetry. The worse, the better.



...cut for brevity's sake
and thus the mod I will wake --

I took a look,
and I did find,
One post I see,
Not in sounding Rhyme.

It is alas,
the mod so dear,
who makes the rules,
for us to fear!


Never fear sir tyraziel,
For soon the rules I will retell.
With many rhymes and homophones,
I first jotted them down from my iPhone.
I blatantly stole them from another game,
Just updated the lynch times and the name.
But have no fear as soon we will,
Have rhyming rules, dear tyraziel.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Post Bandit
Canada
flag msg tools
I like toast
mbmbmbmbmb
Rub a dub dub
three evils and me in a tub
their combined forces were stronger
or else this poem would have been longer
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.