COQ T
Japan
Toda-Shi
Saitama-Ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Let me ask a question about the rule.

2. Players may not use company abilities to convert decision cards and resources when targeted by other players’ company abilities.

I fail to understand what this meant.
Dose it mean that the same convert abilities compete against each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Project: ELITE coming on KS - 29 April 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
USAN777 wrote:
Hello,

2. Players may not use company abilities to convert decision cards and resources when targeted by other players’ company abilities.

Several companies allow you to convert decision cards or resources.

Example:
The University allows you to convert any resource to Personnel. Let's assume that a player owns a Media Company which allows him to take one Personnel resource from each opponent (per activation). The player is using the Media Company's ability on an opponent who owns a University. The opponent CANNOT use the University to convert another resource to Personnel in order to avoid losing an actual Personnel card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
COQ T
Japan
Toda-Shi
Saitama-Ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your answer cleared up any doubts I had.
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
USAN777 wrote:
Hello,

Several companies allow you to convert decision cards or resources.

Example:
The University allows you to convert any resource to Personnel. Let's assume that a player owns a Media Company which allows him to take one Personnel resource from each opponent (per activation). The player is using the Media Company's ability on an opponent who owns a University. The opponent CANNOT use the University to convert another resource to Personnel in order to avoid losing an actual Personnel card.

Is that basically saying you can't use a card's ability when it isn't your turn (ie: you can't use a card's ability as a reaction)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.