Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Orientalist
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Let's say I play solitaire.

I am playing the burly dwarf. So far so good

I am starting on the Entrance tile, of course. I have two actions. I decide to move to a new tile. I draw one tile and place it on the table. I roll for both Treasure and Encounter.

Blimey! An encounter! The Reaper.

The Reaper get a surprise attack. Right?

He attacks. I roll for my attack. Then I apply damage.

Now it is my SECOND action. I decide to evade. I roll just the right number to do that.

Alright, so I evade, I draw another tile and I move on that tile.

First question: when I move on a new tile via an Evade action, do I have to roll IMMEDIATELY for Encounter or/and Treasure on that new tile??!

But I have consumed my two actions?!

Or do I move to that new tile and then stop?

Second question: whatever happens with the Reaper? He must roam, no? And so, he roams / moves to my tile. And so on and so on and so on. He will constantly chase me, moving to my tile.

I can keep evading him but in his roam "phase", he will just move on my tile anyway.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Postema
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Since you were playing solitaire, you will always be able to choose where the monsters move on their roam actions. In your particular situation, you could have just moved the monster to the dungeon entrance as an alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khelz Underworld
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first question, yes you have to roll again for a new encounter and solve it (surprise attack against a monster, skill test against a trap,...) even if you don't have any actions left. Those don't count as actions but are resulting directly from your escape (or move) action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Done

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
Also note that an encounter cannot roam onto or through a tile with another encounter. So for example, if you were to escape again onto a new tile, and roll for an encounter resulting in nothing, you would then have to roam both monsters and depending on the order this could indeed force one of them to roam back onto you. Or if you're battling one monster, another cannot roam onto the same tile (unless you vanquish the first one).

Convoluted examples are helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.