Subject: Reedition of Vanuatu rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose a target action where you already have action markers? Can you choose a target action you already performed this round (eg to fish or explore twice)?

PS: great game, still have to try with two players and never tried without character cards yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
alainE wrote:
If you want, you can help me to make the reedition of Vanuatu.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Vanuatu?a=435807

Thank you in advance.

Just so I am clear... Is this a "reprint" or are you changing soemthing? The word "reedition" has me confused.

A reprint. Just some components will be perhaps, differents.

Can you outline what will be or what might be different? I have been on the fence on this one and doing some research on BGG, ran across a few posts where you stated you would make changes (appears to be just cosmetic) if it was reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
helioa wrote:
How about special tokens, like fish tokens instead of disks? (like the animals in Agricola). It would be wayyyy coooler.

For the moment they won't change. But if the contributions are importante, I will perhaps change them. I'll ask to the manufacturer how much cost this components.

This is probably a dumb question but... what is the point of even having the Fish and Treasure discs? Can't you accomplish the same thing by placing the fish/treasure tokens on the tile as they are placed?

My understanding is if you fish the same tile that has a 3-fish, the 1st person gets the 3-fish tile, the next person would get a 2-fish tile, and then a 1-fish tile is left. All you are doing is turning in the disc for a token anyway, right? So why not just stack the tokens 3-2-1 and avoid the discs completely?

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
The $500 option sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Hotels for Essen aren't exactly cheap and you get Spiel tickets and several copies of Vanuatu too. I guess it depends on which hotel it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
This is probably a dumb question but... what is the point of even having the Fish and Treasure discs? Can't you accomplish the same thing by placing the fish/treasure tokens on the tile as they are placed?

My understanding is if you fish the same tile that has a 3-fish, the 1st person gets the 3-fish tile, the next person would get a 2-fish tile, and then a 1-fish tile is left. All you are doing is turning in the disc for a token anyway, right? So why not just stack the tokens 3-2-1 and avoid the discs completely?

Am I missing something?

The fish/treasure tiles/tokens are pretty big (1" square?), so if you had them stacked on the tile together with a few boats, it could get crowded. The discs are a little fiddly, but I haven't found it to be a problem. Maybe we'll see what the board looks like with the tiles on the sea hexes next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to get Regents together with the Vanuatu on IndieGogo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fantastic deal, $55 for an amazing and hard to find game including shipping. I am so happy I waited to see on a reprint and not kill myself trying to find a copy up until this point.

alainE wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
I have a question about shipping. Is there an extra charge for shipping to the US? I know most kickstarter projects charge a bit more for overseas shipping.

NO shipping is free for all countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
The $500 option sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Hotels for Essen aren't exactly cheap and you get Spiel tickets and several copies of Vanuatu too. I guess it depends on which hotel it is!

Last year, we were at 15km to the fair, with other publisher (artipia game and an other) and some players in a nice manor. Of course, we'll transport you to the fair all the morning and to the hotel the evening ;-). We are also big players and buy a lot of game at Essen

With the hotel that's a much better deal...if I wasn't already booked in I would have been tempted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
BartP wrote:
Is it possible to get Regents together with the Vanuatu on IndieGogo?

it's done : 3 new offers.

- The collector (90$) : Vanuatu (+ Bonus tile) and Regents
- The collector, the return (100$) : Vanuatu (+ bonus tile) and Massilia (our next game for Essen 2012)
- The big collector (140€): Vanuatu (+ bonus tile), Regents and Massilia (our next game for Essen 2012)

will massillia come with the bonuses as well?

how does one up their contribution? the site doesn't seem to work like kickstarter. (i've emailed igg as well)

is there supposed to be an exchange rate fee as I was charged almost 10% on my original order?

Thanks for adding the new levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
is there supposed to be an exchange rate fee as I was charged almost 10% on my original order?

Did you pay for it in Euros? The cost was in US dollars for me so I had no exchange fee to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Did you pay for it in Euros? The cost was in US dollars for me so I had no exchange fee to pay.

now that I think about it, it's probably from a canadian order around the same time. I saw it on my cc statement. I probably wasn't charged by indiegogo.

Alain, never mind about the conversion fee but I definitely want that big collector package

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Garbe
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere (in the comments on IGG, I think) that the character cards will remain in French in the international version. Will the rest of the in-game text be in French as well? I realize there's not A LOT of it. I'm just curious. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
garbagerunner wrote:
I read somewhere (in the comments on IGG, I think) that the character cards will remain in French in the international version. Will the rest of the in-game text be in French as well? I realize there's not A LOT of it. I'm just curious. Thanks!

Yes in the international edition, boardgame and character tiles are in french, but the english rules are in the box with the french rules.

I like the french titles on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Moi aussi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Moi aussi

I like them too, although they're not entirely accurate for the country. More English than French seems to be spoken there. If they were really accurate, they'd be in Bislama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The edition I bought at Essen had German rules inside, too. How about this one?

Edit: No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
how does one up their contribution? the site doesn't seem to work like kickstarter. (i've emailed igg as well)

Did you ever figure this out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted them about this case as well. If I don't hear from them, I'll probably just choose another "perk" and pay just the difference.
It's strange they didn't include such Q&A in their FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
marstiller wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Did you ever figure this out?

There wasn't any figuring out. The system is pretty rigid. They said that the Alain could do something but I ended up having them just refund my contribution so that I could place at a different level. I've been waiting just in case some new level shows up in the near future with even better goodies... hehe... devil

Alain, are you planning on adding more options later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an official response:
1. Refund + claim new one.
2. Claim new one and pay the difference.

Well, I've just checked point 2, and it is not possible, 'cause it's telling me "The contribution amount is not quite enough for the Perk.". In such case I asked them to refund my initial amount and I will just select a new one again. But yeah, indiegogo < kickstarter, too fiddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record: The international (indiegogo) version contains English and French rules. Rules in other languages are downloadable from the game page here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Delalay
Canada
Montreal
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alainE wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
Well i'm in... :)

Alain, do you have a foreseeable time-span for the game to be out once you have the funds you need to jump start the reprint?

The game go to production by the end of February.

Bonjour Alain!

Je soutiens votre jeu sur IndieGogo. Je suis heureux de pouvoir vous encourager!
Si le jeu va en production en fevrier, quand peut-on s'attendre a ce qu'il soit envoye?

Merci!

Marc-Andre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
helioa wrote:
How about special tokens, like fish tokens instead of disks? (like the animals in Agricola). It would be wayyyy coooler.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jones
United States
Oakdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Regents come with English rules? I'd go for the option of both games if that's the case. Will Masillia have English rules included? I'd even use the option to get all three games but I don't want to wait until October to get Vanuatu and Regents... Unless Vanuatu won't be ready until October anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bitva wrote:
Does Regents come with English rules? I'd go for the option of both games if that's the case. Will Masillia have English rules included? I'd even use the option to get all three games but I don't want to wait until October to get Vanuatu and Regents... Unless Vanuatu won't be ready until October anyway.

Vanuatu should have gone into production end of last month. Production usually takes about 3 or 4 months for games which would line up with what I thought he said would be a June/July shipping.

All the other games should have English rules as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.