Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
There was correspondence some time ago relating to a similar occurrence in a multi-player game.
However, in a 2 player game, we had the situation that one player had one tile only remaining, which was a male joker. As it was late in the game, the only available seats were all female.
As the joker cannot be played to the bar, the situation results unfairly in the other player having to seat persons at the bar, thus losing point after point. In fact she would have had to fill up the whole bar before we had been reduced to only 4 tiles remaining!
What do you suggest would be fair?
Play the joker to the bar as soon as this situation occurs?
Any ideas welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey kred,

I just saw your post and I reviewed the rules (as I am sure you have). By my reading, you are correct that the rules do not specifically address this issue. The English translation of the rules suggests that you are "out of the game" if you cannot make a play. That just boils down to the situation you described where the person who lacks the unplayable joker goes on to accrue mucho negative points via the bar. then the "Unplayable Joker Maneuver" becomes a viable strategy for victory.

I would suggest this solution:

A player who is left with one or more jokers that are unplayable must draw an additional tile (so his/her hand size increase by one) and play as usual. This gives the player with the unplayable joker an automatic -10 points for the end of the game AND forces him/her to take turns playing patrons at the bar as the players work their way through the tiles.

Thoughts?

Peace,
Jason

P.S. I added a die roll, but I have no idea what that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 117702. queequeg
  • 1d12 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.